“A great visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast
410 Green Spring Road, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Yorktown, Virginia
“A great visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy a warm and friendly hostess, fabulous breakfasts and pastoral views you will love Black's Fort Inn. We felt so welcome and cared for the two nights we stayed. The location is perfect at the edge of town and very near the Virginia Creeper Trail. It was a lovely visit!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Shenandoah Valley VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Cindy and Jim are the best hosts. Warm welcome, attentive service, fresh cookies in the evenings, huge breakfasts in the morning, comfortable facilities with large modern bathrooms. A great place to stay if you come for the Barter Theater.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Cindy and her husband made me feel so welcome and truly gave an experience of this part of Virginia that is not to be missed. Cindy grew up in this immaculate home so her sense of the history of it is heartfelt. She cooks a bountiful, delicious breakfast with love, and is so helpful with recommendations on things to do in Abingdon. I loved seeing her beautiful animals and Cindy, noticing this, offered to give me a tour of the property where I could see them more closely, what a treat! This was without a doubt my favorite place of many I stayed in Virginia.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent our 30th anniversary weekend at Black's Fort Inn in Abingdon. Abingdon is a neat place to visit with the Creeper Trail, The Barter Theatre and other attractions. Black's Fort Inn was a great base camp of rall of these activities. It was comfortable and convenient with a great location just about 1/2 mile from downtown and the Creeper Trailhead. Cindy and Jimmy were great hosts and were great at knowing the local area restaurants and attractions. Cindy's breakfasts as others have noted were out of this world. The stuffed French Toast was great and the Sunday breakfast of Biscuts and Gravy, Egg soufflé, Hash Browns and sausage was excellent as well. I can't say enough about it and will book here next trip to Abingdon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathalie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary and we picked the perfect place! Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast was amazing!!! Rooms had everything we needed and the area was beautiful. Not to mention Cindy's breakfasts was delicious :) We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I came to Abingdon to run the Virginia Creeper Marathon, and I knew that I wanted to find a place with a quiet room so that I could sleep well the night before the race. I also wanted a place not far from the starting line, and when I discovered this inn that not only fulfilled both of those requirements but also had horses on the property and a home-cooked breakfast, I knew that this was the place. And oh, how I wish I had more than one night to stay here! My boyfriend came with me, so the two of us were in the Waterfall suite downstairs, which was perfectly suited for our needs (see "Room tips" below). It was so peaceful and quiet, and I got such a good night's sleep (so, if you're looking for a place to stay for next year's marathon, I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Cindy ASAP). I haven't even gotten to the food yet - Cindy left us a plate of delicious cookies the morning of the race, and when we got back, we had an unbelievable brunch awaiting us. Like many other reviewers, I would return for the food alone; she cooked the absolute most perfect and filling breakfast for two people who had just spent 4+ hours outside in cold, snowy, sleety weather. I loved talking to her about her horses and the farm itself; Jim wasn't around so we didn't get to meet him, but it was a delight getting to know Cindy, if even for a short time.

I would love to spend a longer weekend at the Black's Fort Inn and explore the area further - I've been to Abingdon once before to bike the Creeper trail, but I stayed in Damascus. Next time, this is going to be my 'home away from home' - what a gem, in all aspects. I loved staying here, and I think you will, too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Waterfall suite, which was perfect: it was roomy, quiet, and had wonderful views of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After seeing movie, Bucket List (twice) , I decided I would make one like 2 of my favorite actors, m. Freeman and j. Nicholson did! Let me inject that I am healthy as a Horse, thank goodness. We have visited abingdon for 2 decades, walking the creeper in all kinds Of weather. Each time, I was charmed by blacks fort inn in the distance...it's beauty, peacefulness, rolling hills, and HORSES!!!!!
I decided that one of these days I would see it "up close!" And this past Jan, I Did, along with husband , brother and his wife. When I called Cindy for reservations, I told her the inn Was on my bucket list. I forgot to tell her I was in great health !!! She and Jim run a lovely, quiet, "animal lovers dream place"! Food is absolutely wonderful. Our accommodations were perfect. Thanks Cindy and Jim for a treasured weekend. Suzanne b.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!