“Truly wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
410 Green Spring Road, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Truly wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Cindy and her husband made me feel so welcome and truly gave an experience of this part of Virginia that is not to be missed. Cindy grew up in this immaculate home so her sense of the history of it is heartfelt. She cooks a bountiful, delicious breakfast with love, and is so helpful with recommendations on things to do in Abingdon. I loved seeing her beautiful animals and Cindy, noticing this, offered to give me a tour of the property where I could see them more closely, what a treat! This was without a doubt my favorite place of many I stayed in Virginia.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent our 30th anniversary weekend at Black's Fort Inn in Abingdon. Abingdon is a neat place to visit with the Creeper Trail, The Barter Theatre and other attractions. Black's Fort Inn was a great base camp of rall of these activities. It was comfortable and convenient with a great location just about 1/2 mile from downtown and the Creeper Trailhead. Cindy and Jimmy were great hosts and were great at knowing the local area restaurants and attractions. Cindy's breakfasts as others have noted were out of this world. The stuffed French Toast was great and the Sunday breakfast of Biscuts and Gravy, Egg soufflé, Hash Browns and sausage was excellent as well. I can't say enough about it and will book here next trip to Abingdon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathalie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary and we picked the perfect place! Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast was amazing!!! Rooms had everything we needed and the area was beautiful. Not to mention Cindy's breakfasts was delicious :) We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I came to Abingdon to run the Virginia Creeper Marathon, and I knew that I wanted to find a place with a quiet room so that I could sleep well the night before the race. I also wanted a place not far from the starting line, and when I discovered this inn that not only fulfilled both of those requirements but also had horses on the property and a home-cooked breakfast, I knew that this was the place. And oh, how I wish I had more than one night to stay here! My boyfriend came with me, so the two of us were in the Waterfall suite downstairs, which was perfectly suited for our needs (see "Room tips" below). It was so peaceful and quiet, and I got such a good night's sleep (so, if you're looking for a place to stay for next year's marathon, I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Cindy ASAP). I haven't even gotten to the food yet - Cindy left us a plate of delicious cookies the morning of the race, and when we got back, we had an unbelievable brunch awaiting us. Like many other reviewers, I would return for the food alone; she cooked the absolute most perfect and filling breakfast for two people who had just spent 4+ hours outside in cold, snowy, sleety weather. I loved talking to her about her horses and the farm itself; Jim wasn't around so we didn't get to meet him, but it was a delight getting to know Cindy, if even for a short time.

I would love to spend a longer weekend at the Black's Fort Inn and explore the area further - I've been to Abingdon once before to bike the Creeper trail, but I stayed in Damascus. Next time, this is going to be my 'home away from home' - what a gem, in all aspects. I loved staying here, and I think you will, too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Waterfall suite, which was perfect: it was roomy, quiet, and had wonderful views of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After seeing movie, Bucket List (twice) , I decided I would make one like 2 of my favorite actors, m. Freeman and j. Nicholson did! Let me inject that I am healthy as a Horse, thank goodness. We have visited abingdon for 2 decades, walking the creeper in all kinds Of weather. Each time, I was charmed by blacks fort inn in the distance...it's beauty, peacefulness, rolling hills, and HORSES!!!!!
I decided that one of these days I would see it "up close!" And this past Jan, I Did, along with husband , brother and his wife. When I called Cindy for reservations, I told her the inn Was on my bucket list. I forgot to tell her I was in great health !!! She and Jim run a lovely, quiet, "animal lovers dream place"! Food is absolutely wonderful. Our accommodations were perfect. Thanks Cindy and Jim for a treasured weekend. Suzanne b.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family stayed here for over a week and let me tell you - it is breathtaking and serene. The location is convenient for dining, shopping, and sightseeing. The Creeper Trail is within walking distance and its wonderful for couples to take a relaxing walk or jog and gorgeous scenery even kids will enjoy! The rooms are clean and comfortable. And the food is exquisite! Cindy will make you feel right at home and you will be so happy you chose Black's Fort Inn!

Room Tip: The Waterfall Suite is beautiful and the view is spectacular
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We came to Abingdon this particular weekend to meet our dear friends from Atlanta (about half way) since we live in Canton, Ohio. We have been to Abingdon on more than one occasion but this is the first time we stayed at Black's Fort Inn. We love the town and country of this beautiful area and always look forward to going. The entire weekend was wonderful while catching up with old friends and making new ones with the owners of this B & B. Cindy and Jimmy went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed a comfortable home, delicious food, and great conversation. Cindy's breakfasts on Sat. & Sun. were absolutely fabulous. The food alone is worth the stay, not to mention the ability to enjoy our part of their home in privacy and comfort along with this other couple. We look forward to staying at Black's Fort Inn again in the future when the weather is warmer. We will bike, go back into town, eat at the great restaurants, and enjoy the horses, pets, and landscape of their lovely property. Debbie and David

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!