“Awesome experience :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abingdon
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #1 of 18 Abingdon B&B and Inns
Nathalie, Virginia
“Awesome experience :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We wanted to go somewhere special for our anniversary and we picked the perfect place! Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast was amazing!!! Rooms had everything we needed and the area was beautiful. Not to mention Cindy's breakfasts was delicious :) We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I came to Abingdon to run the Virginia Creeper Marathon, and I knew that I wanted to find a place with a quiet room so that I could sleep well the night before the race. I also wanted a place not far from the starting line, and when I discovered this inn that not only fulfilled both of those requirements but also had horses on the property and a home-cooked breakfast, I knew that this was the place. And oh, how I wish I had more than one night to stay here! My boyfriend came with me, so the two of us were in the Waterfall suite downstairs, which was perfectly suited for our needs (see "Room tips" below). It was so peaceful and quiet, and I got such a good night's sleep (so, if you're looking for a place to stay for next year's marathon, I HIGHLY recommend getting in touch with Cindy ASAP). I haven't even gotten to the food yet - Cindy left us a plate of delicious cookies the morning of the race, and when we got back, we had an unbelievable brunch awaiting us. Like many other reviewers, I would return for the food alone; she cooked the absolute most perfect and filling breakfast for two people who had just spent 4+ hours outside in cold, snowy, sleety weather. I loved talking to her about her horses and the farm itself; Jim wasn't around so we didn't get to meet him, but it was a delight getting to know Cindy, if even for a short time.

I would love to spend a longer weekend at the Black's Fort Inn and explore the area further - I've been to Abingdon once before to bike the Creeper trail, but I stayed in Damascus. Next time, this is going to be my 'home away from home' - what a gem, in all aspects. I loved staying here, and I think you will, too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Waterfall suite, which was perfect: it was roomy, quiet, and had wonderful views of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After seeing movie, Bucket List (twice) , I decided I would make one like 2 of my favorite actors, m. Freeman and j. Nicholson did! Let me inject that I am healthy as a Horse, thank goodness. We have visited abingdon for 2 decades, walking the creeper in all kinds Of weather. Each time, I was charmed by blacks fort inn in the distance...it's beauty, peacefulness, rolling hills, and HORSES!!!!!
I decided that one of these days I would see it "up close!" And this past Jan, I Did, along with husband , brother and his wife. When I called Cindy for reservations, I told her the inn Was on my bucket list. I forgot to tell her I was in great health !!! She and Jim run a lovely, quiet, "animal lovers dream place"! Food is absolutely wonderful. Our accommodations were perfect. Thanks Cindy and Jim for a treasured weekend. Suzanne b.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family stayed here for over a week and let me tell you - it is breathtaking and serene. The location is convenient for dining, shopping, and sightseeing. The Creeper Trail is within walking distance and its wonderful for couples to take a relaxing walk or jog and gorgeous scenery even kids will enjoy! The rooms are clean and comfortable. And the food is exquisite! Cindy will make you feel right at home and you will be so happy you chose Black's Fort Inn!

Room Tip: The Waterfall Suite is beautiful and the view is spectacular
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We came to Abingdon this particular weekend to meet our dear friends from Atlanta (about half way) since we live in Canton, Ohio. We have been to Abingdon on more than one occasion but this is the first time we stayed at Black's Fort Inn. We love the town and country of this beautiful area and always look forward to going. The entire weekend was wonderful while catching up with old friends and making new ones with the owners of this B & B. Cindy and Jimmy went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed a comfortable home, delicious food, and great conversation. Cindy's breakfasts on Sat. & Sun. were absolutely fabulous. The food alone is worth the stay, not to mention the ability to enjoy our part of their home in privacy and comfort along with this other couple. We look forward to staying at Black's Fort Inn again in the future when the weather is warmer. We will bike, go back into town, eat at the great restaurants, and enjoy the horses, pets, and landscape of their lovely property. Debbie and David

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We needed a place to stay for the weekend with our college friends. We like to meet half way. This is the place!!! It was perfect for what we wanted. Everything about Black's Fort Inn is wonderful from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave.
The owners, Cindy and Jimmy, are so friendly and helpful. They made reservations for us at The Tavern for one night. They gave us suggestions on other places to eat ( and were right)
They had a large snack awaiting when we arrived. Cindy is a superb cook and baker.
The breakfasts were out of this world. We have stayed at many B&Bs before and they all have a signature dish that they prepare, but like my husband said," Cindy's are all signature dishes."
The bedrooms are large. The beds comfortable. They have a large area to sit and hang out together. I would highly recommend this place if you want a wonderful weekend away.
Dale and Pam

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ossipee, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at Black's Fort Inn in June. The extensive views, waterfall, gorgeous gardens and critters are soothing and joyful. The rooms are lovely and cozy, a vase of fresh picked flowers a homey touch. The suite is well appointed; anything one might need available. Everything was clean, airy and bright. Hosts Jimmy and Cindy are charming, friendly and down to earth, both with a great sense of humor. Cindy is a fabulous cook and if I were closer, I'd be there often for breakfast!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a family, the Waterfall Suite is perfect. If you're a couple or so...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Black's Fort Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!