“Clean and Freindly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Abingdon

You added Super 8 Abingdon to your Saves list
Super 8 Abingdon
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   298 Towne Center Drive, I-81 Exit 17, Abingdon, VA 24210   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
New York
“Clean and Freindly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

I just stayed here last week with my family and we enjoyed our stay very much. We payed around $55 dollars and the room was very clean and neat. Front desk was freindly and told us some nice places to eat. I just read some of the comments below and was kind of surprised because we had such a nice stay. Brealfast was decent with biscuits and gravy and danishes. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This is a smoking hotel with "non-smoking" rooms. The room wasn't as bad as the hallways which absolutely reeked but it was by no means fresh. People stand right outside the door and in the halls smoking. They accept pets so fortunately, our dog smelled better than the room.

What a filthy room. The microwave was disgusting, the refrigerator was disgusting even if it had had shelves, which it didn't. The curtain rod was broken and the curtains were ripped. The shower ran out of hot water after 2 minutes.

The hotel backs-up to a shopping center and all night long (Friday) we listened to cars burning rubber, rowdys making a lot of noise.

Now here's the icing on the cake: there are 100,000 watt spotlights all around the perimeter of the hotel that are pointed RIGHT INTO THE 2nd FLOOR WINDOWS. We took the bed comforter and rolled it longwise and stuck it up top but the light was so bright it really didn't matter. They hung the mirror diagonal to the window so ta da, the light actually bounced right onto the bed closest to the window. I got up at 2:00 am, started to make coffee thinking it was 8:00 or so - we thought it was daylight that's how bright these lights are. Take a good look at the picture and you can see them on the ground - they are square and pointed upward.

Drive down to Bristol, it's only 7 miles furthur south and there are a variety of hotels. We could have kicked ourselves when we saw a Marriott but it was our last day. There are also tons more places to eat than in Abingdon.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Greensboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

One of the filthiest places we ever stayed. Can't believe my wife let us stay. Carbet and bathroom were gross. Good thing we only needed to sleep. Staff was helpful though and made it bearable. Meager breakfast, but passable. But overall, dirty.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Ringgold, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

There is no excuse for filthy rooms. Beds were DIRTY, not changed, simply remade with icky unidentifiable "junk" in the bed on the sheets. Changed rooms... pulled back the sheets and there was a bug in the bed (not sure what type, but looked like a flea). (Pets are allowed here). Looked at the pillowcases closely...very dirty and pulled a pillowcase off and saw a big sweat-stained pillow on both sides and the pillow looked to be at least 20 years old. There is just no excuse for a motel to do business this way with digustingly dirty rooms. There were no pillow protectors on the pillows... how could anyone sleep on a pillow this filthy and have a peaceful night's sleep?? Disgusting to think of what else could be in the pillows or in the bed sheets. The corridors and hallways outside the rooms all smell of smoke, even though my room was supposedly a non-smoking room. The hotel smelled awful with the exception of the lobby. Perhaps the cheap price of around $49+tx with the travelers coupon looked enticing, but will never do this again. I'd rather stay in my own vehicle and sleep than to sleep in this type of dirty hotel. There is no excuse to run a hotel like this! I wish I had taken photos, but honestly, I didn't want to stay in the rooms that long. We asked for a full refund and we were out of there! Ended up staying in a Best Western about a half hour away and loved it!

Would never recommend a Super 8 to anyone!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

...is this Super 8 Hotel, indeed. The television picture is half green, half purple and the remote batteries are dead. It’s a non-smoking room but doesn’t smell like it. The bed is a trampoline. The blanket has been used by at least two different men for lower torso buffing. My room is just up the stairs from the front door/desk/breakfast room. Anytime the door is opened, a buzzer sounds loudly. I hear it easily. Last night, someone checked into the room above me at 12:30 and taught their baby elephant the Twist. Breakfast is paltry. This afternoon, as I walked through several times, the guy at the front desk was carpet F-bombing the lobby. This chair smells like unwashed biker bottom. The shower is brand new, though. $65 a night, after it was all said and done. NOT worth it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Pulled into this hotel to eat, shower and sleep. We paid the coupon rate of $42 plus tax for 2 people, but you will be put on the third floor - walkup only. Stairs are ok for us, but know they do not have an elevator. The room was spacious and clean. King sized bed with clean linens and enough pillows, clean functioning bathroom, writing desk etc. The internet access and tv were sufficient. Micro/fridge upon request. The continental breakfast was ok, did not appeal to me. The coffee was ok. The hotel parking is secure. The hotel is surrounded by fast food establishments, groceries and gas stations. The staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Frederick, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed here due to reviews on trip advisor. I'm not sure what kind of hotels those reviewers usually stay at but it was not as nice as they stated. As far as the "recent" renovations - my room had tattered carpet fraying at the edge of the bathroom. Also the hairdryer cord was gross which makes one wonder what's in the carpet or pillows? The sheets were very thin. It was definately a bargain hotel - which was the only type that was available at the area I needed to be. Saved 10.00 by booking directly with the hotel website.

On the plus side the staff was very friendly and accomodating, Also they put me in a room in a good, safe location for a woman travelling alone (on business). The wireless worked GREAT! (we've had problems with that at much pricer hotels)

• Liked — Wireless internet
  • Disliked — Cheap, cheap, cheap... and not so clean (glad I brought my flip flops to wear in room)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Abingdon? Share your experiences!