The hotel was under major renovations when I stayed here. It's an older Hampton but the property appears to have been well maintained. They were remodeling the rooms completely, but we did not have an issue with construction noise. There was just some dust and tools in the hallway to our room. My main complaints are that the parking lot is not very well lit and there is NOTHING nearby. If you drive a couple of miles north, there are some restaurants, but there's nothing much to do close to the hotel. For these reasons and the construction, I gave this hotel an average rating. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and our stay was great. The breakfast staff were extra friendly. I imagine that after the remodeling is complete, that this will be a great place to stay along the way... I would recommend getting a room at the back of the hotel to avoid any road noise.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Abingdon Hotel Abingdon
- Hampton Inn Abingdon Hotel
- Abingdon Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Abingdon is conveniently located off of I-81 in the historic town of Abingdon, Virginia. For the duration of your stay, enjoy a free hot breakfast each morning along with complimentary high-speed internet while you take in the local charm. Stroll through the town. Meet local artists and even watch as they work in their studios. Sample vintage wine at the Abingdon Vineyard and Winery, or enjoy the scenic trails and sights of the Cherokee, Jefferson or Washington National Forests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Abingdon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.