I can't not express in words how wonderful my stay was at the Holiday Inn Express in Abingdon!! Unless things change as far as employees, you will never stay at a more friendlier place. I will try to tell you all the wonderful things I experienced while staying at this hotel in Abingdon. We went down to re-supply my son while he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. My daughter when with me and she has some physical disabilities, so I reserved a room with two double beds and handicapped shower. Since she was military I asked if they honored any kind of military discount. They said they did, but their quota had been met, unfortunately.
Upon arrival, we found out our room had been given to someone else. They bent over backwards to make sure we were happy and boy were we EVER!! They gave us a room with a king bed and handicapped shower and another room with 2 double beds for the price one one room and even allowed our military discount. The price went from what we expected it to be of $117 a night to $88 a night. WOW.
The people at the desk (especially the day guy) and the breakfast bar in the morning and the cleaning folks were SOOOOOOO NICE!!!
The breakfast bar was really good with a large variety of your typical breakfast menu. Everything was delicious. The breakfast bar had everything you wanted. There was coffee in place 24 hours a day with plenty of supplies (milk, sugar, flavored milk,etc...). We got our rooms very close to the front door and with the handicapped parking we didn't have to walk to far to get our stuff to our rooms and back, plus our rooms were side by side.
We had my daughter's service dog and they happily accepted him. If you walked to the outside door at the end of the hall they even had poop bags and a place for her to do her business.
The room was very nice, the beds extremely comfortable and there was a microwave/refrigerator in the room along with coffee pot and hair dryer. My room was a nice size and my daughter's room was HUGE.
There was not much of a view, but you could walk to several fast foods places (Huddle, Burger King, Wendy's and right next door was a sit down sea food/steak restaurant that was really good and the prices were reasonable. Also, downtown Abingdon and the Barter Theater as well as a great movie theater were only a couple of miles down the road.
I just can't say enough about the place. If you have to go to Abingdon, VA for any reason I would highly recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I will mark excellent for all questions, but I wish there was a place I could put excellent PLUS.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Abingdon Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Abingdon Hotel Abingdon
- Holiday Inn Abingdon
- Abingdon Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to historic Abingdon, Virginia! The Holiday Inn Express Abingdon is nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians and is rich in history and charm. Founded in 1778, Abingdon is home to the world-famous Barter Theatre established in 1933 as the official state theater of Virginia. Stroll along the brick sidewalks in downtown historic Abingdon. The 17-mile Virginia Creeper Trail is a beautiful, unspoiled path, perfect for walking or biking. You might enjoy the Abingdon Vineyard and Winery, or the Arts Depot, which exhibits works from regional artists. Abingdon boasts many wonderful antique and specialty shops in our 20-block historic district, with several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Let us be your next getaway! Our recently renovated hotel features spacious rooms and a beautiful outdoor swimming pool (Memorial Day - Labor Day). Begin your day with our free Express Start Breakfast Bar featuring scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, sausage patties or sausage gravy with flaky biscuits, as well as yogurt, bananas, cereal and our signature cinnamon rolls. Enjoy our own 100% Arabica Smart Roast Coffee. We offer free high-speed wireless Internet throughout the property. For those of you traveling with pets, we have pet-friendly rooms available for a minimal fee, if reserved in advance. Let our friendly staff take care of you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Abingdon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Abingdon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.