“Close to everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Southport, North Carolina
“Close to everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great value...comfortable room, very clean and up to date furnishings. The bathroom was well designed but a bit small. Convenient to the area sites. The pool area is lovely. They even served a cookie in the afternoon. What more could we ask?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kate M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We were so glad to see that you were pleased with the room, location, and service that we provided! We hope that you come back soon and visit again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I booked my hotel room for a spur of the moment overnight trip. Using a pre-paid credit card that I keep just for internet booking. I learned the hard way not to use my major cards for internet bookings. Made sure there were sufficient funds on the card . Drove 3 1/2 hours with our grandchildren we arrived our grandchildren were exhausted from being in car gave our name at the front desk we told by the desk clerk in front of other guest that our credit card declined earlier that day and our reservation had been canceled. I was a bit floored by this I then said I am sorry I am just checking in I would like to pay cash for my room here is my reservation conformation. She said yes this was canceled your credit card was declined. I asked to speak with the manager there was no one that could help. I became very irritated and told her I would take any room that they had available for the same rate sorry I can not do that becoming more and more irritated. I demanded a room telling the desk clerk my card should have never been ran till I arrived & also it should have never declined!! she called the owner I spoke with him over the phone I have never been do appalled by a business owners language I was told he had every right run my credit card when he pleased also he did not have a room for anyone that could not pay there bills to have a room in his hotel!!! I placed the phone down on the counter walked out took that same credit card and stay at the Hampton Inn. PLEASE DONOT STAY at this HOTEL rooms are outdated.... by the way if you intend to pay cash for room you will be charged an additional $100.00 deposit cash that will be given back to you when you check out and the room has been checked for damages!!!!!! The Hampton Inn is so much nicer!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay any where but this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We apologize that you were unsatisfied with the check in process. We do need to have a form of payment before you can be checked in. We are sorry that you never got to get a good nights rest in one of our comfortable newly update rooms. Your feedback has been helpful in coaching to strive for excellence in the future.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this average, but adequate hotel. The price was right and the rooms were clean, roomy, (king room), bathroom was clean and roomy enough for 2 people. I have no complaints. We were a group with 3 rooms, everyone agreed, for this area, this location is perfect. We needed to access the interstate one evening and it is right there, we spent time downtown and at the Barter Theatre, again just a few minutes away. The front desk is very friendly and very helpful, with great suggestions for restaurants and directions. We only did breakfast one morning , it is your basic Comfort Inn breakfast. We would all stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review!

We were glad to see that you overall enjoyed the hotel. I am not certain if when you were here you we had the potatoes on the breakfast bar, but if not we have added them! I hope you will come back soon and give them a taste!
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Although the rooms were clean and modern, the property was definitely dated. One of my top requirements is ample wifi, and this location was the worse. I was not able to use the internet the entire duration of my two day stay. It would connect for a minute or less before failing to load pages...very frustrating! The breakfast area had very little seating for the large number of rooms rented. I ended up taking mine back to my room the first morning and skipping their breakfast altogether the second. Also the proprery advertises a "heated pool" but in actuality it is a seasonal pool that did not even have water in it in mid May despite 80 degree temperatures.

Room Tip: I did not see an elevator so choose a first floor room if you cannot navigate stairs well.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We were so glad to see that you received a good nights rest and enjoyed our nice clean rooms. However, we did hate to see that you were not happy with the internet. We do hope you give us another chance to provide you with exceptional service all around.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We selected this hotel to use our points and it served purpose of an overnight stay while travelling. Luckily, saw in other reviews that hotel had no elevator so we requested and got room on 1st. floor. Room was clean and comfortable. Bath was small but sufficient. Breakfast was typical for Comfort Inn and ok. Construction was going on and equipment and material stored in hallway. No locks on outside doors which could effect security.

Room Tip: request 1st floor if you don't want to walk up stairs with luggage.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!

We are glad that you overall enjoyed your stay. We were so glad that you mentioned the elevator! That construction you saw going on was to have one installed! Hope you come back soon to take a ride in it yourself!
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Comfort Inn is located adjacent to Exit 14 off I-81 near Abingdon, VA amidst gas stations and fast food. The hotel has inside corridors and shows signs of some recent renovation, although I think it's been there a while. Front desk service is excellent and the rooms fully adequate. Breakfast in the morning is all that you would expect. No elevators so my second floor room was a bit inconvenient and why they assigned me there when they had about 10% occupancy is a mystery. No fitness center or other amenities. This is strictly a safe, clean place to spend a night while passing though--nothing more but nothing less.

Room Tip: Unless you like to lug your baggage up a flight of stairs, ask for a first floor room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
comfortinn_abingdon, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your review! We were glad to see that you were pleased with the property. We do our best to offer the basics and keep things simple. I did notice that you mentioned the elevator, we are in the process of installing an elevator so by the time you return with us, it should be fully installed. Come back and take a ride!
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This motel is the first one off I-81 at exit 14 in Abingdon. The staff was very friendly and polite, and the facility, while undergoing renovation, was clean and comfortable.

I have only a couple of suggestions. If a large bathroom is important to you, pass by. The restroom was too small for two people to move by at one time. It also had no fan, so a hot shower will completely fog the mirror. If the person who painted the walls and door trim did a similar job on my house, I would fire them. However, these are small flaws. If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a first floor room. They do not have an elevator installed yet, but it is in the plans.

Breakfast was among the best of any motel chain of this type. Overall, the staff gains five stars and the bath knocks one off.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the even numbered rooms, as they will be on the side facing the interstate, and therefo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!