“This hotel used to be a good place to stay. However ownership and/or management appears to have changed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Abingdon
Tuscumbia, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel used to be a good place to stay. However ownership and/or management appears to have changed, and expenses on cleaning, breakfast etc have been cut to the bone. After leaving Abingdon I went to Comfort Suites at Ridgewood, Salem, VA. The rate there is about $15 less. Breakfast is wonderful. The inn is immaculate. Send one of the Salem managers to Abingdon to straighten the place out. The Abingdon Comfort Inn is absolutely the worst Comfort Inn that I have stayed in, and I have probably stayed in more than 20 different Comfort Inns. If this was my only experience with Comfort Inn, I would never stay at another Comfort Inn. I cannot say enough good about the Salem Comfort Inn or the Huntsville AL Comfort Inn managed by Kayla Patel. Kayla could also correct things (see my comments about her on Trip Advisor. Kayla did everything right when I stayed in her Inn last November when my daughter was dying)
I cannot say enough bad about the Abingdon Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
South Chesterfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled so the rooms are clean and inviting.My only complaint was that they only have one person at the desk,and that person was unable to bring us shampoo, and soap which had been removed from our room and not replaced during the first day's cleaning. That meant we had to redress and trudged to the desk after returning from the race at 12 midnight. The clerk did apologize for this inconvenience and had the items ready ASAP.
The breakfast is hot and offers multiple choices of breads, cereals, eggs, and waffles. The location was close to the race track and the price was in line with what other hotels in the area were charging. I would definitely recommend it for your race weekend stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor near the stairwell are most convenient
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled so the rooms are nicely appointed. My only complaint was that they only have one person at the check in desk, at least when we were there and that person had to multi-task by checking us in, answering the phone, and dealing with questions from other guests while we were checking in. That slowed down the check in process. The breakfast is typical of a Comfort Inn type hotel. I personally do not like them but there were many people taking advantage of it. The fruit and yogurt were fine but I cannot deal with frozen egg patties!!! The location was close to town and close to the interstate. I would recommend it for an overnight stay.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We travel to Abingdon at least once a year, this was our first/last stay at Comfort Inn Abingdon. Highlands Festival (fun!) was going on. First room #128 smelled damp, but we were v. tired after traveling all day, so just went to bed. Used the restroom at 5 a.m. and found American Roach in the wastebasket. Later found a cricket in tub corner. Were out all the next day, returned at 9 p.m. and found the nightstand crawling with ants. Last straw, but all area hotels were booked due to festival, so the clerk gave us the last vacant room at Comfort Inn. We later wrote to Comfort Inn corporate office, but were denied anything because we didn't leave the hotel! If you stay on the first floor, take Raid.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We chose the hotel due to it's location to the Highlands festival. It has been modestly remodeled. It was a good value for the price. The staff was not happy that I made the reservations with an online group, but that was only one person. Breakfast was nothing fancy but standard. Room was nice. Bed was great. I would stay again for the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Husbands occupation brought him here for one day. Stopped here for a one night stay. Friendly staff. Abingdon in general is a nice town. Really. I had a fender bender while there (they hit me) , and my car later would not start because of no gas, all that and I still rate this trip highly. The Highlands festival was going on, and that was awesome! I had never heard of Abingdon prior to this trip, and now it just might be on a yearly visit list. Comfort Inn was comfortable and the breakfast is complimentary. Use your AAA discount if you have it (possible $10 off the lowest nightly rate). For the price and the service it was good experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maryville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just returned from a weekend get away with my husband. My husband is a commercial construction superintendent and his current job site is in Charleston, WV. We decided to meet @ this location since it was an easy drive for me when I got off work in Knoxville, TN. The property itself is very nice. This is an older property that has been refurbished, and the quality of the work shows throughout the property. Upon entering the front door there is a roomy breakfast area that has plenty of seating. Breakfast is the usual...fresh made waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, donuts, etc... The property is only 2 stories, but there is no elevator. If you have an issue with climbing stairs, you should request a 1st floor room. There is an outdoor pool which we did not use, but it appeared to have plenty of seating and a few tables on the deck. The halls have all been freshly painted and the carpet is brand new. I saw one washer and dryer for guest use @ one of the side entrance areas. My husband and I had a King-sized room...#130. The windows overlook Interstate 81. If you do not plan to run the a/c, fan, or heat continuously, this side of the building my not be for you. Even with the air unit running continuously, I was still able to hear some of the noise from the interstate. Our room had been freshly painted and the carpet was new. I did not notice any odors. There was a King-sized bed, a chair, a desk with desk chair, but no sofa/sofa bed in this room. This room was definitely set up for only 2 guests. The bed and linens were comfortable. There was a flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom was clean. The shower/tub appeared to be a little dated---a fiberglass type unit you would have in your home, but it was clean.

Now to the staff....I don't think I have ever stayed @ any Choice hotel where the staff was so rude. My husband was the 1st to arrive @ the property. Upon arrival, my husband asked the clerk for a late check-out on Sunday. The clerk, a gentleman by the name of Rick, informed my husband that he would have to check back at a later time but it would probably would not be possible because the hotel was full due to the Virginia Highlands Festival. Later on Friday evening, my husband approached Rick about an extra pillow, but was rudely informed that he was too busy to get a pillow for him because guests were checking in. The next day (Saturday) my husband again asked Rick about a late check out on Sunday. Rick rudely informed him that he had already told him that he would have to check back with the clerk on Sunday morning during breakfast. While my husband was looking thru some tourist information near the front desk, he overheard Rick tell another guest that the only restaurant near this hotel was McDonalds, which was not true. The choices of restaurants @ this location are limited, but I counted at least 3 restaurants and he overheard Rick tell another guest that she could only have 2 extra towels when she asked for 4 towels. On Sunday morning, my husband got up and dressed and went to the front desk to speak with the clerk about a late check out. The clerk informed my husband that the latest we could check out was 11:30am...a whole 30 minutes past the regular check out time. My husband informed the clerk that he was a Choice Rewards member and that a late check out is one of the perks of membership, but I guess this is not the case for this particular hotel. The staff really made little effort to make their guests feel welcome and this is very sad since it is truly a nice property. I would stay here again because I feel the property is a good choice for the money, but I hope the staff gets some improvements in their attitudes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!