“Good Lord what a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ascutney
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Lord what a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2005

Was charged $90 for a Sat night for a single.walked into my room and couldn't belive my eyes,On your photos you show here and saying a great bargin,needs to checked out befor you posted for others to see.Trust me,photos on the internet dont show the nasty carpet,the nasty black mold in the shower and bath tubs and on the shower curtin,the photos dont show the scalp and pubic hairs still attached to the shower and tab walls,it dont show the bare wires coming from the 1950's wall heaters and mising the knob to turn it off and on,it dont show the stains on the old sheets and bed spreds,it dont show the left over food stains and particals in the refrig and microwave,it dont show any of the exstream filth.You want to say here you beeter bring some extra money,you better go sheck the room befor you pay as you will NOT get your money back if you are only in the room 5 mins,You better plan on paying a deposit on your tel so you can use it,you better plan on if staying in the winter to freezing.Your pet is welcome,but plan on another $10+ but trust me your pet wont hurt this place and i can guarantee you will find pet hairs and p--- from the last pets.The things used to clean this place is just plain rags and windex and cheap brand orange cleaner.NO bleach nothing to kill the toxic molds growing in the bath rooms. I say if the health department came here or even triple AAA this place would close in a heartbeat.I rate this place at 10+ below terriable.One good thing though nice air conditioners and TV:) And the owners try to act nice to get your money.My wife and i are retired.I surely will warn all my friends about this"dump"

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pemberton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2005

Let me just start by stating the difference between inexpensive and cheap. Inexpensive is a clean, well maintained room at a price that won't break your wallet. Cheap is a disgusting, somewhat unsafe room with a very low price. My family stayed at this 'cheap' motel because we were not planning to spend alot of time there, we were just using it to sleep. When we pulled up to the motel we thought it was rustic. After we checked in however, things went downhill quicker than the black diamond trail on Mt. Ascutney. It was raining heavily and the roof leaked into the interior wall cavity and so we heard a drip all night long. The window in the bathroom did not lock and had a large crack in it. There was something quite gross (I still wretch when I think of it) on the vinyl blind in the bathroom. The sheet has what looked like blood on it. The bedspread when turned down had more stains on it than I care to think about. We removed it immediately. The bottom sheet was clean however, when you laid on it you could see through to the mattress cover and again, more stains than I wanted to know about. The only cover we had that we could 'safely' use was shredding everywhere and we kept getting caught up in the strings. The bathroom had an exposed electrical outlet that was right over the sink. I honestly can't believe that the Ascutney code department would have approved this. My brothers room was just as bad. His sheets however did not even cover the bed. At the bottom of the mattress were towels to stretch the distance. We were supposed to have a non-smoking room but instead we got a smoking room and the room next door was being lived in and the renter was a smoker. We know this because of the cigarette smoke that came through the wall cavity between our bathroom and the room next door. No lying here, you could actually see the smoke coming through. The TV, microwave, and coffee maker were all on the same wall circuit and everytime the ref came on the tv went dead. Scary. The road noise was extremely loud due to the plastic extenders on the window air conditioner. The room temperature was regulated by the front office so we called for more heat but around 2 am the room temp dropped back down and didn't return back up. Needless to say we checked out the next morning and went to the Ascutney Mountain Resort which I will post a review on the that resort. I am going to notify someone in Ascutney that this place needs to be raised and rebuilt or just plain shut down. Though the management says they are in the process of rebuilding but these rooms had already been redone. Now I know why I couldn't find this hotel on any websites. I just hope we didn't bring anything home with us...

• Stayed November 2005

Travelers are raving about these Ascutney hotels

Been to Yankee Village Motel? Share your experiences!