I stayed here for two nights in late September, just as the leaves were changing. I'm sorry that I didn't get to take the time to walk around the hiking paths on the property because I'd filled my days with so much to do in the area. The property is beautiful, the inn is beautiful too. I had dinner in the restaurant my first night and it really filled me up, though I wasn't that impressed with the venison. Breakfast both mornings was fantastic. The front desk staff was helpful and gave me advice on some of the things I wanted to see in the area. Definitely take advantage of some of the suggestions they have in the book in your room. My only complaints (if they can be that) are the walls are a bit thin...but it's a pretty old building so you can expect some of that, and that I didn't have TV - which is my own fault for not noticing until I looked at the directions in the guidebook while I was on my way there. They were nice enough to suggest places I could go to watch a very important football game I wanted to catch since some ridiculous woman was using the only tv in the inn to watch some silly movie on lifetime. One of the reasons, silly that it might be, that I was looking to stay here is I was looking for something similar to the inn idealized in White Christmas (the Bing Crosby/Rosemary Clooney movie) - and it was very much like that, without the floor show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to the West Mountain Inn are surrounded by spacious, antique-filled guest rooms, fantastic views, and 150 acres of gardens, lawns, and woodlands. Guests can explore miles of trails, visit alpacas, walk our labyrinth, flyfish or canoe the Battenkill River and relax in the Adirondack chairs on the front lawn. The Inn’s wood-paneled dining room provides the perfect setting for the lavish breakfasts and sumptuous 5-course dinners created daily by our award-winning chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your West Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Mountain Hotel Arlington
- West Mountain Inn Arlington, VT - Green Mountains