Husband and I stayed at Arlington Inn last week. Let me start off by saying that check in was pleasant, but they certainly do not go out of their way to accommodate. We were escorted to our room by a woman (don’t know if it was the owner or not) and I asked, as she let us in, where I could find some ice, and her reply was "oh I should have asked you at the main house if you wanted some, because it is there"...and then she walked out, her response should have been, "let me get some for you"...but I digress....
Got the Zadok Room in adjoining building down street, which was disappointing, since we had to get boots on and coats zipped before heading out for meals or drinks at the main house. Room was very musty smelling, and while looking for the "secret drawer" in the room, I happened across 4 very large deodorizers under bed. I guess this is an ongoing
problem. Room was average size, and kind of drafty, and you do not control the temperature in room which was a bummer, but there was a space heater in closet. Bathroom was in need of serious updating, wait let me rephrase that, the room was in need of serious updating. Toilet and sink were old and dingy, and furniture in room was pretty worn. Curtains were ok, but blinds were broken. There was a large family next to us which indicated that the walls were way to thin, they sounded as if they were in the room with us!
We had a drink before dinner in the bar area, which is terribly lit, a few candles and a couple of nice comfortable chairs would make this space really cozy...Dinner was served by the bartender who insisted on "running" during service, and he was not professional. It made a lousy meal unbearable and we couldn't wait to get up from the table. Food at dinner was awful. I generally am happy with a mediocre meal, but this meal was awful. Plus the menu choices were few and far between. I think there were 7 choices, and 2 were sold out. I had the Pork Tenderloin It was more like pork medallions pounded super thin and smeared with canned gravy, very tough to eat. Husband had Salmon, and it was VERY FISHY smelling and tasting. Considering we waited for 35 minutes for them to seat us we weren't going to send it back.
We slept fine, kept the space heater on, and it was comfortable. The next morning, we had breakfast, only complaint was that the room (sunroom) was super cold. But the breakfast and servers we excellent. Corned Beef Hash was delicious!! Servers were always with a smile and never looked "rushed" although the room was full, that is service.
All in all the entire main house seemed nice, but since we were only there for meals, we didn't get to check out the rooms.
Also, I thought it was strange that a room of that price, had no blowdryer, or any tissues available, we used toilet paper. There also wasn't any extra blankets or pillows or a radio (the alarm was just that, an alarm). Strange...
My humble opinion, that this Inn, needs a good cleaning and sprucing, not only of the furniture and decor, but the employees as well. There are too many other $200 a night Inns that blow Arlington Inn away.
- Also Known As:
- Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Arlington Hotel
- Arlington Inn VT - Green Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a quiet Village between Manchester and Bennington, the Inn is convenient to the diversions that each season has to offer. Walk to golf, swimming; fly-fishing on the Battenkill River and the Rockwell Exhibition. Nearby you can enjoy shopping, theater, antiquing, museums, hiking, canoeing, horseback riding, cross-country and downhill skiing.Country Gardens with Gazebo, Elegant guest rooms, private baths, television, phone, WiFi service and air conditioning. Many feature Fireplaces, Jacuzzi’s, Porch & Patios.Dining is an exquisite experience, Romantic, candlelit dinners are served fireside.Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners & Retreats are brimming with outstanding cuisine, excellent service and romantic surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Arlington Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.