“Alta Ski Resort” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Alta
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: Alta turns 70 next winter. Alta's place in the ski world is unique, its history storied. Alta's culture blends this past with the future as it presents, along with Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, America's first lift-served interconnect. Alta and pure, unspoiled skiing are synonymous. Alta's wide variety of terrain, breathtaking alpine scenery and superb snow conditions combine to create a unique setting. Alta continues to offer a ski-only experience.
Saint Louis, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
“Alta Ski Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow! This was my first real ski trip and it was great! Alta does not allow snowboarders so for a beginner (me) it was perfect. I did a class for the first 1/2 day and then spent the next day and a half learning on my own. The snow was perfect. Seeing the views I got to see made every tumble I took worthwhile!

Visited February 2013

Florida
32 attraction reviews
“POWDER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

See Snowbird for more info. Alta is a Mecca for powder skiers. It is small by western standards but gets more dry powder then almost any place in the world. Salt Lake City is a wonderful place to stay and the shuttles to the four mountains runs regularly. If you love powder skiing, Alta is a must. One word of caution; the skiers at Alta are mainly snow hounds and excellent . If you are going to Alta to be seen, forget it. If you are going just for great skiing, GO FOR IT!

Visited January 2013
Queensland
3 attraction reviews
“Winter wonderland in Spring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place is so magical. Good roads up to the mountain in a fog. A snow storm had come through overnight so we were not disappointed with the snow cover, and magical views through the trees. Great terrain and good quality chairlifts. Excellent value for money ski lift passes, compared to other Utah ski resorts.

South Florida, Florida
55 attraction reviews
“Still the King!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place just IS Utah skiing! I love the kicked-back, relaxed attitude of this place. The skiing, especially for the advanced intermediate to expert levels, cannot be matched for snow quality and varied terrain conditions. The lodging situation is a little rustic shall we say, so if the great family experience is what you're after, stay at Snowbird down the road, but do your skiing here!

Cookeville
6 attraction reviews
“Great Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Utah. I had only skied parts East and a few resorts in Colorado so I was eager to ski here. I had talked to a traveller at Denver airport last year who was returning home from Alta. I had just skied Keystone Co(excellent) with my family and he was telling me about Alta. I did some research and planned a trip last month. It was a great trip. It was late season (April) but Alta was getting pounded with snow the day I skied. I loved the trails and the atmosphere of the resort. Serious skiers. I don't have problems with snowboarders, but Alta is closed to boarders. Great food and restaurants on the mountains. I skied my legs off! Crowds were light. I had skied Winter Park, Co(excellent) in February and Alta was just as good. The trails in Winter Park are much wider though. Loved Utah. I will return!