“Great Skiing” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Alta turns 70 next winter. Alta's place in the ski world is unique, its history storied. Alta's culture blends this past with the future as it presents, along with Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, America's first lift-served interconnect. Alta and pure, unspoiled skiing are synonymous. Alta's wide variety of terrain, breathtaking alpine scenery and superb snow conditions combine to create a unique setting. Alta continues to offer a ski-only experience.
Cookeville
6 attraction reviews
“Great Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Utah. I had only skied parts East and a few resorts in Colorado so I was eager to ski here. I had talked to a traveller at Denver airport last year who was returning home from Alta. I had just skied Keystone Co(excellent) with my family and he was telling me about Alta. I did some research and planned a trip last month. It was a great trip. It was late season (April) but Alta was getting pounded with snow the day I skied. I loved the trails and the atmosphere of the resort. Serious skiers. I don't have problems with snowboarders, but Alta is closed to boarders. Great food and restaurants on the mountains. I skied my legs off! Crowds were light. I had skied Winter Park, Co(excellent) in February and Alta was just as good. The trails in Winter Park are much wider though. Loved Utah. I will return!

Visited April 2013

MrsZiggy
4 attraction reviews
“Great terrain. Great snow. No pretension.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This resort is not new so don't go expecting a fancy new high end lodge and restaurants with ski valets - but do go expecting good snow and a great mix of terrain! There are chutes you can hike out to, bowls you can traverse to your favorite line, plenty of trees stands with great powder stashes, and lots of beautiful groomer runs. Between the old school nature of the resort, and the fact that snowboarders aren't allowed, it just seems super mellow and unpretentious. I've never hit big lift lines here nor have I encountered any negative attitude. Just good skiing.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Skiers Only!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

A gorgeous resort with tons of fresh, lovely powder! I like the fact that it only allows skiers, no boarders! My family and I always have a great time there.

Visited March 2013
Elmhurst, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Best Skiing Value in Utah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The family went to Utah for the 1st time. Everyone is an intermediate to expert skier. I do love this place. Its got varied, yet challenging terrain. Even though its "old school", it has everything that you could want in a ski resort at the right price. We are looking forward to coming back soon

Visited March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and tons of snow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

These guys get blasted every year! Old school resort with some classic runs but the two different mountain sections can be kind of a pain to navigate sometimes. Definitely worth a visit as its a great resort but wouldn't recommend for a novice.

Visited January 2013