“Comfy, well positioned and good food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alta's Rustler Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alta
Alta's Rustler Lodge
You added Alta's Rustler Lodge to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10380 East Highway 210, P.O. Box 8030, Alta, UT 84092-8030   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shirenewton
“Comfy, well positioned and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was our fourth visit to the Rustler and was part of a three week nostalgic ski trip to the USA including Jackson, Alta and Vail. Due to the convenience of ski in/ski out accommodation and excellent food, the Rustler took the honours as the complete skiing vacation, highly recommended for all levels of skier.
MikeS

Room Tip: Chose a Deluxe Wasatch room with mountain view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We've stayed at many ski lodges in many ski areas over many years, but to us, the Rustler is simply the best. Unlike many of the Rustler's guests, we don't return every year, as we have a long list of ski resorts that we enjoy visiting. However, we have been there enough to see the Rustler evolve from a rather rustic, but excellent, ski lodge to a larger more elegant, and even more excellent, ski lodge that manages to retain the cozy, friendly atmosphere of past years. It had been a number of years since our last visit when we returned this March, and we found the lodge to be better than ever.

I am aware that the Rustler has a wide range of rooms, so I can't speak for all of them, but ours was great. It was spacious, well-appointed and -- extremely important to us -- very well lighted (a rarity, even among the best hotels). The lobby and lounge are comfortable and inviting, and the service is excellent. Finally, the breakfasts and dinners that come as part of the package are, to our tastes, wonderful. In short, we are amazed that the place can remain so good over so many years.

Room Tip: If you're willing to forego a view of the ski mountain but want a large room, the Superior North...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This past March, we celebrated our twentieth annual visit to Alta's Rustler Lodge. For our family, who love good food, nice people, and incredible mountainside ski accommodations, this is our favorite destination. You won't find glitz or ski bunnies here. You'll find the real deal: a wait staff of the most attractive, well-trained gap year kids from all over the country who telemark, free-ride, and hike cliffs in their scant free time, a super upscale clientele who choose to invest in a rugged ski vacation and comfy surroundings, and longtime managers who foresee your every need. Tom Pollard, the mayor of Alta, and his wife Kate, along with their two children who have grown up here, are Rustler fixtures who make us feel like we're home every time we return. The food is so good: abundant breakfast buffet, peaceful lunch destination, and set menu with plenty of options for dinner. Delicious! Apres ski, my husband enjoys the pool and hot tub while I like stretching out and watching the multiple tv channels available on hd in our room with a fresh baked good and tea grabbed from the lounge. Nestled in the mountains, the Rustler is not fancy, it's the best ski home you can imagine. That's why we return year after year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the trails if one is available.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We just returned from another trip to the Rustler in Alta Utah. One word- outstanding.
The facility has been upgraded since our last visit (two years ago) with a new outdoor and indoor hot-tub over looking the High Rustler- and for those non-skiers, an upgraded Spa.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the room price and, as before, were wonderful.
The staff is excellent- the answer is always yes!

And the skiing is the best.
We will return.

Room Tip: Supreme Mountain view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Red Deer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The feel of this place is cozy which is just what you want after a great day of skiing. The location is perfect. Ski down to the rope tow and you can start on either end of the Alta hill. The desserts and bread are world class. The pastry chef is a genius. The gelatos are so good you think you are sitting in Italy. The meals are very good as well. A bit heavy on the sauce but different every night so even after 6 nights we didn't tire of dinner.

Room Tip: View of the hill with a balcony is best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Rustler Lodge was the best hospitality experience of my life. The staff treated me like their best friend, the (complimentary!) food was exceptional, the service was lighting fast and friendly, and the amenities covered all the bases, and I mean all of them. I am an audio engineer so I'm very careful with my ears. They had an earplug dispenser in the room and the earplugs were -33 dB foam, the highest I'm aware of for foam. I had some with me, but didn't need them. There is a bit of clomping around in a ski lodge, and if you don't already know, you will likely want to take a nap in the afternoon occasionally! Also, I was cleaning my ears with Q-tips that I brought, just happened to open the medicine cabinet and there were Q-tips! There's a grand piano in the lobby that I played many times and had a gas singing songs with new friends. I cannot say enough about The Rustler. I am in love and will be back, no question.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed there a week with a group of skiers, and had a ball. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. I also loved the commone areas-- livng room, bar and spa. The spa had all you could want, including massage services. Ski-in, ski-out. Also have in-house ski shop.

Having said that, I found the room I stayed in with a friend only adequate. No desk to work on the computer at, and bathrooms were servicable but nothing special. Also had only marginal cell phone reception in room -- I ended up going to the living room or bar to make my calls. But who spends lots of time in your room on s ski wacation?

Still, it rates an enthusiastic "Excellent".

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Alta's Rustler Lodge? Share your experiences!