We spent 5 nights at the rustler as "newbies" and understand why most of the clientele return year after year. The location is amazing, both for the views and the ski-in ski-out convenience. The service is impeccable and accomodating but not at all fawning and uncomfortable. While this is one of the pricier options in Alta, the ambiance is very down to earth. It's okay to show up in the dining room in jeans. (Speaking of which, the meals are very good, with a nice variety of choices, including several less exotic options for the picky eaters in the crowd. The chef does a particularly nice job with vegetables, including the vegetarian entrees. The breakfast buffet is varied and plentiful and can be supplemented from the kitchen if you prefer something that needs to be made to order, like chocolate chip pancakes.) The pool, jacuzzi, steam room, fitness center and spa services are all very nice. Every room has its own locker by the door to the slopes, so there's no lugging of equipment all over the place, and there's a decent ski shop in the hotel where you can rent equipment or pick up anything you forgot to pack. The front desk will take care of your lift pass (and anything else you can think of!) Our room was spacious for three, was quiet, and had a nice view of the slopes (and a balcony.) There was plenty of storage space, and everything was comfortable and functional. We liked that there were two sinks -- it makes getting ready for the day MUCH easier. (The rooms are testimony, however, to the fact that there are many shades of brown and they don't all go together!) Remember, though, that Alta is about skiing and only skiing. If you're looking for a place with a vibrant nightlife, lots of restaurants, or fun shopping, this is the wrong destination for you. If you like that, though, the Rustler is a great choice for understated luxury and a stressless vacation. We sincerely hope that we can return!
- Also Known As:
- Alta`s Rustler Hotel Alta
- Alta`s Rustler Hotel
- Altas Rustler Hotel
- Alta's Rustler Lodge Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Alta’s Rustler Lodge, you'll experience the cozy atmosphere of a mountain lodge along with superb services and Alta's finest amenities. Our 85 rooms range from luxury to modest accommodations. Daily room rates include full breakfast and dinner and FREE WIFI. The Rustler, while elegant, is congenial and relaxed, the way we feel a ski lodge should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings and Booking.com so you can book your Alta's Rustler Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.