“One Step Above Motel 6” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #145 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Texas
“One Step Above Motel 6”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We wanted a place to stay that was clean, cheap, and safe. This met the requirements. Motel had 3 floors with an elevator for easy use of hauling luggage. We stayed 3 nights. Too cold for the pool. But it looked clean and inviting. Nice hotel staff. Adequate bkfst of pastries, cereal, eggs, sausage, and Texas shaped thick waffles. Was located south on I-35. Close to all tourist attractions. We would stay here again !

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

Good basic comfortable room. Free wireless internet. Complementary breakfast had scrambled eggs, make your own waffle was a good option. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

We stayed there the on the 26 of april. Im not trying to be racist but we were the only white couple there. I found that kind of odd. The rooms were ok nothing special. Overall i would reccomend you stay at the La Quinta or the super 8 or the Motel 6 next door. Also the other good thing about it is its about 30 yards from IHOP.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

We were on a long driving trip throughout Texas and were looking for a quiet, economical place to stay for one night right off the freeway. This placed fit the bill nicely. The staff was nice and the price was right. The rooms were comfy with a no frills decor. They did have a nice size fridge/wmicrowave. The beds were comfy and the hotel was generally quiet. The continental breafast was really good. Lots of options. Our one complaint would have to be the pool. The wife wanted to lay out while I did some business in the room and the chairs and pool itself were dirty. She walked right back in. That should be improved if you are going to advertise a pool as a feature. Other than that, it was a nice stop along the way and we'd recommend it for a economical night of sleep.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, the beds were comfortable, had plenty of towels for 3 people. We ended up arriving later than expected, but there was no problem with check in. The amenities, location, and motel personnel were friendly and helpful. The total experience was great. I plan to use this motel as my stop over location from now on.

• Liked — The room was large and the beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — The television was to small Used to 32" screen
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Skien
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

I like the hotel for the price,rooms,staff and breakfast.Very near 6 th steet and other venues.I'm here for the music.Stayed at this hotell 10 days last year and 12 days this year,and I will come back.

Stayed October 2008
West Coxsackie, Ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

I originally booked three - and only three - rooms at this hotel for the night of Feb. 23, 2008 and again for a night in March 2008. Three rooms each time. When I discovered that my daughter and mom couldn't join us, I CALLED the hotel directly and cancelled the three rooms for Feb. 23 and two of the three rooms for the night in March. I was told it was "taken care of". After staying on March 2, 2008 for the one night before flying out, I discovered that my Visa had been charged for three rooms for the night of Feb. 23. I called and tried to nicely rectify the problem. I was then told that I had booked SIX rooms for that night and only cancelled three! I explained to the manager that I had never in my life booked six rooms at one time and it must have been a glitch in their website. I only received confirmation for three and then cancelled those three on the phone using the confirmation number I had printed out. He will do absolutely nothing. He claims he held the rooms for me. I know he wasn't full that night by any means - it's a dive, as we discovered - and I even wrote to their headquarters who CLAIM they can't help me, although they "sympathize" with my situation. He's trying to steal $175 of my money, and even though I can grieve it through my credit card, I don't know what will happen and he may end up stealing my money. STAY FAR AWAY FROMTHESE PEOPLE!

• Liked — Close to airport.
  • Disliked — They're trying to steal my money.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Best Value Inn Austin South? Share your experiences!