“Great staff and location” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #66 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great staff and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located 15 minutes from downtown Austin. Shot out to Andrew at the Front Desk for great customer service. Indoor pool is amazing for those of us that swim at different hours of the day. Complimentary self parking is a ++.

Only compliant is that I asked two different Navigator for a robe and I was told that they did not offer robes to guest. On one of my days my mother noticed the room attendee cart with a robe on it. I asked the room attendant if they provided robes in the hotel and she told me yes but only to VIP's or guest that would request it.

Long story short she gave a robe for my use during my stay.

Over great stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I toured this hotel in January and were so excited when we made the reservation for our upcoming wedding night in April. It was a beautiful, clean, modern, and luxurious hotel. We reserved a Luxury King Suite with Romance package (free valet, breakfast, bottle of champagne and strawberries upon arrival, and late check out). Needless to say, we were looking forward to being treated very well during our stay.

Unfortunately, when we pulled up at 11:30p on our wedding night (still in Wedding dress and Tux), there was no valet, no one at the front desk, and other guests were starting to accumulate in frustration. When someone finally came to help us, they apologized for the delay, but said the valet would take a while due to staffing issues. We were also informed that there were NO SUITES available! We were left with a standard king room and no other options. Too exhausted to contest, we slumped up to our room. It took an hour for our bags to be brought up, along with our champagne and strawberries. By the time it all arrived, it was too late to enjoy.

The next morning, we went downstairs and enjoyed our delicious, free breakfast (which was very good I might add!) We packed up our things, called for our bags to be brought down and headed to the checkout counter. After the whole ordeal of the previous night, we were still charged for the full price of the luxury suite and package PLUS OUR (NOT FREE) BREAKFAST! I put my foot down at that point. I HATE to be the person to complain, truly I do, but that was unacceptable. The guy at the desk removed the charge for the breakfast and said he would give us a $100 credit for the room. After all was said and done, we still paid $200 for a standard room and a HUGE disappointment.

We are very forgiving people, but honestly, that turned out to be a terrible ending to what was supposed to be the best night of our lives. We will NOT be returning to the Renaissance Austin Hotel, and we will also be instructing others to do the same.

Room Tip: Be wary when you reserve a suite. It may not be available when you check-in. Also, be sure to read t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at our restaurant, I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your – or our own – expectations, especially on such as special night.

I have taken your review and shared with our Front Office department leaders. We will use your feedback as ongoing training and development for our staff to ensure everyone has a great stay with us.

Again, I apologize for the multiple inconveniences you experienced during your April stay. We hope that you will try us again sometime in the future to experience true Renaissance hospitality. All the best, Rob G.
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is very nice - the rooms are great and the hotel staff all seemed to be extremely nice. You have a real limit on restaurant choices at this hotel and I must admit they have the strangest menu that I have seen. You must try the tortilla soup it is truly amazing. I would not normally try this type of soup however I did and I ordered more the next night.. I arrived very late at night and have no idea that there of the things that were near by to the hotel.. To me when the taxi drove in it seemed like the hotel was in a business park with really nothing at all near by. Needless to say during my stay I never ventured out.. Well imagine my surprise when I stepped out to get a taxi to the airport and say that within just a short walk I could have been at several other restaurants or even a near by mall.
Great hotel for a weekend away or a business trip.
On an accessibility side - I would not recommend this hotel as a host hotel for an event here people with disabilities would need to get to the event floor. There is one small elevator that goes down to the pool level where the events are help.. This elevator is not at all clearly marked.

Longview, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed four nights. Great location, excellent service. We attended a convention that was held at the hotel. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go for..lots of places to eat. Rooms were nice size but did not have any drawers...very comfortable bed. We stayed on the fifth floor over looking the atrium, never heard any noise at night. We will be back.

Stayed June 2014
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel! I'm delighted to read that your stay was an enjoyable one. We have an excellent team who's number one priority is to ensure each of our guests has an exceptional time while with us.

We are currently in the process of resolving the issue of the lack of drawer space in our rooms. We certainly understand and recognize that this is a critical item for our guests to have and unfortunately it was not addressed during our recent rooms renovation.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us! We hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that we will once again have another opportunity to welcome you back and to serve you in the true spirit of Renaissance hospitality.

All the best, Rob G.
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

21st Anniversary and we wanted to add an extra day to our trip. Well I reached out to just let everyone know - Room was awesome, staff great, just as good as the first time, which is rare. Reach out to Kim Wheeler - you will be taken care of! We will be back - again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a huge building with the rooms built around a vast atrium which is a strangely empty space and obviously intended for conferences. It's functional if not beautiful. The rooms are fine - good bathrooms and US sized with good storage, decent TV, powerful aircon if you need it. Service is frankly odd. I went for an evening meal on my first night and was asked to wait outside the restaurant for ten minutes. There was hardly anyone in it so I asked why. There's only one person serving I was told. Ah, well. Logical perhaps but taking the idea of waiting to be seated to new and rather irritating heights. Happened again at breakfast the next morning. The staff are not unfriendly. Far from it. But perhaps a little more staff training and a little more appreciation of how tired clients like to be treated might not go amiss. Having got that off my chest I'm forced to admit that for a big conference/business hotel it was fine. Utterly unmemorable but fine. Don't panic if you find you're booked in there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to read that your time with us did not exceed your expectations. Our guests satisfaction is always our number one priority.

You are a valued guest and I apologize that we did not meet your - our our own - expectations. It's comments like yours that allow for continuous improvements so please know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department leaders so that corrective measures can be taken.

Again, thank you for your sharing your stay with us. I do hope that if your future travel plans include Austin, that we will once again have the opportunity to serve you in the true spirit of Renaissance hospitality.

All the best, Rob G.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here twice and enjoyed thoroughly. Rooms are very comfortable, great bar in the lobby, delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Hotel has a very impressive layout and is only 20 minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Austin Hotel? Share your experiences!