“nice hotel with lots of restaurants and shopping around” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #60 of 184 Hotels in Austin
dallas
“nice hotel with lots of restaurants and shopping around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed there over the holiday weekend (july5-7). It was very nice, the little bar in the lobby was nice and everyone there was friendly. one item which was surprising was the small size of the pool at this giant hotel. lots of things nearby, a pottery barn in the parking lot, tons of restaurants around within walking distance or a short drive. not a lot of attractions within same distance but 183 is very close and we got around to Lady Bird Lake, other restaurants very quickly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay! It is always rewarding to hear what our guests are experiencing while with us. We have a wonderful group of people who work here and it is a pleasure to be the General Manager of this beautiful hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Austin and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

All the best, Rob G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The bell acptain Andre Rios was extremely helpful. He found us the best travel rate to our resort location and made sure our short stay was as pleasure. If you need additional transportation you must call Jon at 407-592-5122. Always on time and enjiyable tobe around.

• Stayed June 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed our new bedding as well as our new shower heads during your recent stay with us! The beds are extremely comfortable and we receive rave reviews from our guests about it. I am disappointed to hear that light switch in the bathroom was off center as well as the latch not functioning properly. That is definitely not our standard and I will be sharing this information with the appropriate department leaders so they can address it immediately. Thank you very much for your feedback as it truly helps us to be a better hotel and to better serve our guests.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were leaving San Antonio and passing through Austin on our way home and wanted to see the city. We were disappointed that it was not as close to downtown as we had hoped. The hotel was very pretty but had some minor issues. The light switch in the bathroom was not "mudded" on the wall correctly. It was hanging sideways. It didn't affect the way the light worked but it looked very cheap and ugly. The bathroom door did not latch shut. The latch didn't even meet up. It was totally off center. The hotel just went through a huge remodel and some things must have been done in a huge hurry?! The shower head was fantastic though! Very large and great water pressure. Also, the beds were very comfortable!
I don't know if we would stay here again. It was too much like the area where I live. We were looking for more tourist things to do. This was a very suburban area. There is a Target across the street and many restaurants within walking distance. There is even a Gap. Again, I have all this at home. But if this is what you are on vacation to do~then this hotel would be perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! The new bedding we have in the hotel as well as the new shower heads are fantastic and I am delighted that you had an opportunity to enjoy them while staying with us. I appreciate you letting us know about the light switch in the bathroom being off center. I will definitely make sure that issue is corrected for our future guests. I do hope that if your future travels bring you back to Austin that we will once again have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel.

Kind regards, Rob G.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this location many times, including an entire month while we were transitioning into a new home. Everything from the location (plenty of shops, eats and entertainment within walking distance, plus an outdoor mall just a few miles away!), to the customer service, to the details of each room is FIVE STAR. The Renaissance Austin Hotel is the only hotel to stay in while visiting Austin and the only hotel we suggest to out of town guests. It's far enough from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but close enough to drive downtown or hop in a cab if that's your preference. They've recently updated their bar and in-room menu, and the food is delicious! We couldn't be more happy to suggest RAH to anyone we know. Go and see for yourself!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind remarks about your stays at the Renaissance Austin! The fact that you refer all of your family and friends to stay with us is such a great compliment. We love our property and city! Our ambassadors and team are here to serve you. Please contact me on your next visit so I can personally welcome you back. Have a great summer and perhaps consider a 'staycation' at our pool when it's hot. All the best, rob g
Atascocita, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in May. Great parking and great entry staff from the door to the desk. Our room was very nice and clean, no complaints. We even ate out one night and didn't want to trash our food and they gave us a fridge for our room at 10:00 at night (no charge). Talk about excellent customer service. The young lady who tended to our room while we were there was so very nice. Excellent location, we walked to dinner and lunch each day. Great shops in walking distance, just an overall nice experience. I would highly recommend if you're in the area and looking for a nice getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! This is very rewarding as the General Manager of this amazing property to hear. Our staff is such a delight to watch and see how each of them interact with our guests. They truly love what they do and it is such a pleasure working with such a great team. I appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful experience and we hope that when your future travels bring you back to Austin that will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I originally reserved one night through Priceline. After checking-in, I was offered an additional night by Mark at the front desk. He couldn't offer the Priceline rate but a good rate just the same. He didn't fail to notice that I was with my parents, one legally blind and one with two herniated discs. He gave me an upgrade to a junior suite. He knew my mother was in Austin for a cardiac procedure. The following evening, he was kind and thoughtful enough to approach me and ask me about my mother. I stayed a total of three nights at the Austin Renaissance. Although I was at the hospital most of the time, all its staff members were incredible each time I saw them. A door was always opened for my father (he has the herniated discs), a friendly greeting always awaited us and when we checked out, the valet who helped us said, "Prayers for your wife and mother."

I absolutely love this hotel. It's beautiful, clean and has bedding I
plan to buy. But what puts the Austin Renaissance over the top is the staff! I will always return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
I am so grateful for your kind words and candid feedback. Mark as well as all of our Ambassadors are so wonderful to work with each day. Each member of our team has a true spirit to serve our guests and it is a pleasure to be the General Manager of this hotel and this special team. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I hope that your family are all doing well and that your mother is recovering nicely. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel the next time your travels bring you to Austin!

Take care, Rob G.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is tucked away in an area surrounded by restaurants and shops within walking distance. We holed up in the hotel and stuck to the immediate area, and it was great!

Self parking is FREE!!! Don't see free parking much any more!

The hotel itself is a great property with an excellent bar.

In the atrium is a coffee and snack shop that provides that perfect morning Starbucks hit.

The beds are incredible with perhaps the softest sheets I have ever experienced. (We want to order some!)

Overall, this place can't be beat. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your high compliments on your recent stay at our hotel! We are delighted that you had such a fabulous experience. Thank you also for taking time to share your review and discovery of our property and great location. It is a lot of fun being the general manager with such a committed team. I hope to personally welcome you back o. Your next visit to Austin. All the best, Rob G

Been to Renaissance Austin Hotel? Share your experiences!