“Fantastic Property, Team & Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #60 of 182 hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic Property, Team & Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this location many times, including an entire month while we were transitioning into a new home. Everything from the location (plenty of shops, eats and entertainment within walking distance, plus an outdoor mall just a few miles away!), to the customer service, to the details of each room is FIVE STAR. The Renaissance Austin Hotel is the only hotel to stay in while visiting Austin and the only hotel we suggest to out of town guests. It's far enough from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but close enough to drive downtown or hop in a cab if that's your preference. They've recently updated their bar and in-room menu, and the food is delicious! We couldn't be more happy to suggest RAH to anyone we know. Go and see for yourself!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind remarks about your stays at the Renaissance Austin! The fact that you refer all of your family and friends to stay with us is such a great compliment. We love our property and city! Our ambassadors and team are here to serve you. Please contact me on your next visit so I can personally welcome you back. Have a great summer and perhaps consider a 'staycation' at our pool when it's hot. All the best, rob g

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Atascocita, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in May. Great parking and great entry staff from the door to the desk. Our room was very nice and clean, no complaints. We even ate out one night and didn't want to trash our food and they gave us a fridge for our room at 10:00 at night (no charge). Talk about excellent customer service. The young lady who tended to our room while we were there was so very nice. Excellent location, we walked to dinner and lunch each day. Great shops in walking distance, just an overall nice experience. I would highly recommend if you're in the area and looking for a nice getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! This is very rewarding as the General Manager of this amazing property to hear. Our staff is such a delight to watch and see how each of them interact with our guests. They truly love what they do and it is such a pleasure working with such a great team. I appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful experience and we hope that when your future travels bring you back to Austin that will have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel!

All the best, Rob G.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I originally reserved one night through Priceline. After checking-in, I was offered an additional night by Mark at the front desk. He couldn't offer the Priceline rate but a good rate just the same. He didn't fail to notice that I was with my parents, one legally blind and one with two herniated discs. He gave me an upgrade to a junior suite. He knew my mother was in Austin for a cardiac procedure. The following evening, he was kind and thoughtful enough to approach me and ask me about my mother. I stayed a total of three nights at the Austin Renaissance. Although I was at the hospital most of the time, all its staff members were incredible each time I saw them. A door was always opened for my father (he has the herniated discs), a friendly greeting always awaited us and when we checked out, the valet who helped us said, "Prayers for your wife and mother."

I absolutely love this hotel. It's beautiful, clean and has bedding I
plan to buy. But what puts the Austin Renaissance over the top is the staff! I will always return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
I am so grateful for your kind words and candid feedback. Mark as well as all of our Ambassadors are so wonderful to work with each day. Each member of our team has a true spirit to serve our guests and it is a pleasure to be the General Manager of this hotel and this special team. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I hope that your family are all doing well and that your mother is recovering nicely. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Austin Hotel the next time your travels bring you to Austin!

Take care, Rob G.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is tucked away in an area surrounded by restaurants and shops within walking distance. We holed up in the hotel and stuck to the immediate area, and it was great!

Self parking is FREE!!! Don't see free parking much any more!

The hotel itself is a great property with an excellent bar.

In the atrium is a coffee and snack shop that provides that perfect morning Starbucks hit.

The beds are incredible with perhaps the softest sheets I have ever experienced. (We want to order some!)

Overall, this place can't be beat. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your high compliments on your recent stay at our hotel! We are delighted that you had such a fabulous experience. Thank you also for taking time to share your review and discovery of our property and great location. It is a lot of fun being the general manager with such a committed team. I hope to personally welcome you back o. Your next visit to Austin. All the best, Rob G
Corvallis, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Transferred to the Renaissance after early Sunday morning construction noise drove us out of the Marriott Austin North property. Nowhere on the reservation site did it state the Concierge Lounge would be down the entire time--at both properties! I would have chosen a much less "expensive" property, but wanted a full service hotel for this trip.

For 25,000 pts/night on a 4 night stay I expected more. A fancy resort costs less! Lengthy wait to check-in with only one person working the front desk, no help offered with bags, although valets are energetic and helpful with the door. Nice gym, but inoperative A/C made for an uncomfortably humid workout.

Spoke with General Manager, Rob Gillette, who offered to return some points. Not impressed with 2k points back on a 100k stay! Shared other concerns: front desk says complimentary breakfast buffet ends at 10:30 except it's really 11am, beds are not as comfortable as Austin North property, foam pillows are chunky, light in shower is so bright it's painful to eyes (& unflattering!), room is hot between 2-6 am regardless of thermostate setting, room was not cleaned until 4:30pm one day, need better lighting in sitting area of mini-suite, no remote available for DVD player (not easy to operate) with a $100 deposit then they ask at checkout for the remote! Really?!

Wouldn't go back to the Renaissance; love Austin though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. When I called you during your stay and received your valuable feedback, I immediately reached out to the department leaders to address your concerns. We typically receive high praise on our service, friendliness of our ambassadors and the beautiful setting. We are commited to working very hard to try and exceed our guests expectations. We obviously did not provide you with that level of service and we sincerely apologize for that. I actually instructed our front desk to credit you 20,000 points after speaking with you. I will follow up to ensure that is the case. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip from Oregon to Austin to serve you the true Renaissance Austin style. Regards, Rob G
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the second review I have written regarding this hotel. A few years ago my hubby and I stayed here and recently decided to return to Austin, and decided to stay here again.

The hotel lobby and the room we stayed in had obviously recently been renovated and were very nicely appointed. The lobby and the room both had a sort of "country rock" theme if that makes any sense, picture guitars hanging in the lobby but with A country Texas vibe to it, room was the same. No problems except one day our room was not made up, we called the front desk and requested it be cleaned to which a maid promptly arrived.

We did not eat at Banderas the restaurant, but had a few drinks at the bar. The bartenders DeShawn and Mike were both nice and made great suggestions for restaurants for us. Also the both we're very good at mixing drinks.

Overall our stay here was very nice and we hope to stay there again someday.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Austin! Thank your for taking the time to share your very nice review on your recent stay. It is a privilege to be the general manager here! We just completed a $13 million upgrade to our guest rooms, lobby, and grand ballroom. We are building a spectacular new outdoor
"Texas-size" deck into our canopy of oak trees off of our bar & restaurant in July and August. You will love on your next visit to our special city. I hope to meet you then. Btw, I am glad you enjoyed your service in our bar. Many of the drinks that have garnishes or herbs, come from our Chefs Play Pen herb garden on our property. So fun to have chefs that love to work in the garden to have the ultimate in fresh ingredients. Have a great summer! Regards, Rob G
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very nice hotel in the Arboretuem area of Austin.
the hotel has a large central atrium area, with rooms around the outside. My room was on the club level 9th floor and was larger than average (so I was told by the receptionist on check-in)

It was very spacious with an extra large King Bed, Large bathroom, with shower.
The one thing missing in the rooms is drawer space, but not a problem for me as most of my stuff is hanging and anything else I leave in my suitcase.

Breakfast is either a buffet or you can order from the menu.
Didn't eat in the restaurant at all apart from breakfast so can't comment on this, plenty of parking at the hotel as well as valet parking if you want it.

I left my laptop charger when I checked out and the hotel were very good about going and checking for it and storing it safely until I collected in later that day after my mtgs had finished

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and taking the time to post your nice comments! We do have the largest guest rooms in Austin and there is only one other Marriott property in Texas that has our level of Internet bandwidth capacity. I know that can be important when staying on business. I hope to meet you on your return to Austin. Have a fabulous summer! Best, Rob

Been to Renaissance Austin Hotel? Share your experiences!