“Stayed for Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 186 Hotels in Austin
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Stayed for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very nice hotel in the Arboretuem area of Austin.
the hotel has a large central atrium area, with rooms around the outside. My room was on the club level 9th floor and was larger than average (so I was told by the receptionist on check-in)

It was very spacious with an extra large King Bed, Large bathroom, with shower.
The one thing missing in the rooms is drawer space, but not a problem for me as most of my stuff is hanging and anything else I leave in my suitcase.

Breakfast is either a buffet or you can order from the menu.
Didn't eat in the restaurant at all apart from breakfast so can't comment on this, plenty of parking at the hotel as well as valet parking if you want it.

I left my laptop charger when I checked out and the hotel were very good about going and checking for it and storing it safely until I collected in later that day after my mtgs had finished

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and taking the time to post your nice comments! We do have the largest guest rooms in Austin and there is only one other Marriott property in Texas that has our level of Internet bandwidth capacity. I know that can be important when staying on business. I hope to meet you on your return to Austin. Have a fabulous summer! Best, Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a great hotel to have a conference. Everything is set up nicely; very open and spacious. The hotel was very accommodating for the most part (there were some small hiccups but that is to be expected over several days and several hundred people). We were all upgraded to suites from my office which was nice but not needed. The rooms are very modern if that is your taste (not really mine; I like a more homely feel) but it seems most hotels are going this direction (does look a bit weird in some parts of the hotel as only certain things are/have been updated). Food for the most part was well received and if the hotel is not your thing...this is second to none in terms of close restaurants in Austin (Eddie V's, Z Tejas, NXNW, Iron Cactus, Trulucks, P.F. Changs or head to the Domain for tons of others). Beautiful location with tons of trees, trails, workout room and indoor and outdoor pools. One bad spot was that my room did not get maid service until 6-7 at night; distracting when you are trying to get ready to go out for the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your complements and feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, but i was disappointed to read that your housekeeping surface was so late. That is definitely not to our standard and I apologize for the inconvenience. We do receive fabulous feedback on those that attend conferences at our property and we were designated as Hotel of the Year for Events by Marriott & Renaissance. I am very proud of our team as they genuinely love working as s team and are proud to be ambassadors for our city and our brand.
I hope to welcome you back for a get-a-way weekend. So many of our guests do just that. Have a great summer! All the best, Rob G
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wanted a pet friendly place, without the riff raff tumultuous crowd during the Memorial Day holiday with a decent service. This one not only fit the bill, but it is very conveniently located in the Arboretum Mall. Staff very friendly and effective - One note though - Wifi was charged and it was never disclosed to us it would be the case. Rooms are clean, decent size shower/tub. The spa tub wasn't working properly on Sunday and that was a minus too! For those I would take down a star. Other than that - nice place.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great place! Quiet, close to great shopping, beautiful rooms, clean, wonderful service. You can walk to numerous eating establishments of all price ranges. Convenient access to freeways with no noise! Only complaint was the outdoor pool was a bit small but I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us on your visit to Austin! We are always grateful when our guests take the time to share a review of their stay. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed discovering the hotel and had a great stay. We will work hard to earn your trust and love to serve you on your next visit to the capital city. Have a great summer and I hope to meet you on your next trip. All the best, Rob G
Gatesville, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

They have completed a renovation on this hotel, but it still didn't look like a 4 star hotel to me. It is nice, but I'm glad I didn't pay 4 star prices. I got it on priceline. The rooms are nice, beds are very comfortable with great linens and superbly comfortable mattresses. We went to the bar to get a drink and waited 15 minutes while the host and waitress talked, then decided to go to the bartender himself rather than wait for table service. I would say if you can get a good deal on the price, it is very well located in North Austin, but to be in the same category as the Driskill or Hilton downtown? No. You will be disappointed if you think that is what you are getting.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel yearly for a conference and, for the first time, visited Austin with my 7-year-old daughter for a relaxing weekend. When I walked in the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised by the modern feel of the hotel. There was construction happening when I was there last summer, but I had no idea they were completely renovating the lobby and rooms. The very modern feel of the rooms and lobby gave it a very clean appearance. I love the beds and especially the pillows! In the past, I have endured the small pillows that Marriott tends to use in most of their hotels, but these are standard size and comfortable! The vanity area of the bathroom was completely modernized with sleek faucets and a sloped sink. The large black and white picture in the bathroom added an interesting look.

Unfortunately, it rained for most of our stay so we hung out in the room more than we had planned, but we didn't mind since the rooms are large and we could play cards to pass time.
In addition, there were plenty of restaurants within minutes of the hotel. I was provided a list and map of about 50 restaurants. Once it dried up, we made our way to downtown to visit the Capitol, museums and watch the bats at Congress Ave. The drive was very easy! (I do recommend the Mopac to Cesar Chavez route rather than 183 to I-35 to see the bats.)

I can't close without mentioning the awesome staff. My daughter got hurt when we were walking out of the hotel and everyone around was most helpful in retrieving ice and giving me information as to a close medical clinic to get an X-Ray. The valets/bellhops were particularly warm and inviting upon arrival/departure and each time we returned for the day.

Thanks for another great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Greetings from Austin! Thank you again for such a great review post from your recent Austin visit! We are so glad that you had such a great experience and fun discoveries with your daughter. I wanted to check back with you and check on her and make sure was doing well. I'm sure she is ready for a fun summer break. We hope to see you again soon at the Renaissance. All the best, Rob G
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my first stay at this property since they (almost) completed their top to bottom renovation. The oversized rooms are re-done to the updated Renaissance standard with a lot of Texas flair added in for good measure.

The check-in service was fantastic and the general manager took time to welcome me to the property.

The rooms are very new, very modern, and very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Renaissance Austin Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us on your visit to Austin! We love our hotel and city. Our recent renovations have received tremendous reviews. This summer we are adding a spectacular outdoor large deck on our 2nd level with awesome fire pits, unique comfy furniture, lighting designs and it will definitely be a signature fabulous Austin setting. You will have to come back this Fall and enjoy. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review with the world. I hope to personally welcoming you on your return... All the best, Rob G

Been to Renaissance Austin Hotel? Share your experiences!