“Great hotel in a good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #69 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Manvel, Texas
“Great hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed for Easter weekend here. The hotel is about 20 minutes from downtown which in my opinion is good to avoid the higher costs and parking dilemma.
Pros:
Large room and clean bathroom
Comfortable bed
LCD TV
Friendly staff
Free parking, big lot

Cons:
Bathroom door wouldn't stay closed
Air conditioning didn't cool down like we expected

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for a week on a business trip and found the hotel service and food top notch. The rooms are huge, comfortable, clean, modern and nicely decorated. The staff was very warm and helpful. The location is great for dining, shopping and sight seeing. Parking is abundant and free. Large grounds with some lovely walks and nice landscape.

Overall an amazing stay!!!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing parking side or just opposite to them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've never quite clicked with this hotel even though some of my friends rave about it. The rooms are very average, there's no mini bar and they charge for WiFi. The @AustinBytes cafe in the center of the atrium consistently has the slowest service of any cafe within 50 miles - and considering it's 1990s-era technology theme, there are no outlets to charge a laptop to be found anywhere. The breakfast in the main restaurant was excellent though pricey and the desserts in the place are actually amazing. The whole experience is much more like a 3-star venue but somehow I keep ending up back here.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights as an alternative to the truely rediculous downtown hotel rates during SXSW. Well renovated modern hotel in good parkland setting and adjoining shops, restaurants etc. Great rooms. Guys on the door/bell boys were great on taxis, places to park and places to go during SXSW. Can't thank them enough - some great tips. Couldn't fault the hotel - though very corporate feel - if you are okay with that type of place. Only issue was on arrival when we had to wait 30 mins for our room - otherwise excellent all round.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was pretty good. As a 60plus a night a year traveler I kind of expect more from a Renaissance especially at 260 a night. Checking in they asked if I wanted like of feather of feather free room, the high floor, and extra towels. the night before I stayed at a Fairfield Marriott for 92 dollars a night and they had all that ready to go. Hotel is upgrading and will be very nice. One unusual item I need to mention is the guys in Valet parking cars are top notch. A woman crossing the parking lot dropped a bag and 3 guys ran over to help her. Classy move. I would be back to try them again

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at a busy time for SxSW. I put photos on my elitePro-Travel.com The Hotel is located in the Arboretum shopping area, near the University of Texas, LBJ Library and Austin Bergstrom International Airport, and just 10 minutes from the State Capitol building. TX hotel provides a tranquil environment surrounded by trees in the Texas Hill Country. If you don't valet park, you can self park for free

Room Tip: dont get a room with an indoor window because people walking by can see in.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I preface this by saying I'm a super busy picky business traveller. The hotel I'm told recently underwent a renovation of some rooms. My room I don't believe was one of these newly updated but it was in totally fine condition; rugs clean, bathroom fresh (with some minor mold in shower), lots of outlets, and pretty large for spreading out. All of the rooms on one side over look a huge atrium, which I have to say I preffered to some random parking lot view which is generally the case in hotels "outside" the city. Pillows and linens were great, not all down which is significant to me. The bathroom while big, had a doorless shower and the pressure was low. Not sure this is the configuration of the all the rooms, but it was also ventless so there was minor mold. I'm also super allergic so it was a little bit of an issue. I'm sure if brought to the attention of the staff would have been taken care, but I was out by 7am and not back till after midnight so just didn't have time to address. I liked that I had the option to self park, and not have to wait for my car or worry that I had singles to tip. The hotel was about 20 mins from downtown via the highway. Which by the way I found parking everywhere I needed in downtown Austin for no more than $5/$10 for the day (I'm from NYC thats a BIG deal) The hotel is in a businessy area and there were lots of restaurants and shops. Loved that there was a grocery store I could grab water, and snacks for my wierd schedule and not need to order from the hotel. As well loved the local Jamba Juice, and Sprout for a breakfast boosts on the run, and tons of dinner options for meal meetings with co workers. There was a 24hr front desk, which was great for coming in late having no idea where my key was. And a huge lobby/atrium with wifi should I need it. All in all I'd give the hotel a thumbs for business. And in fact assuming there was great rate I would choose for family travel as well with a car.

Room Tip: I reccommend high floor, king rooms with windows over the atrium.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Austin Hotel? Share your experiences!