“Outstanding Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 182 hotels in Austin
Tyler, Texas
“Outstanding Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Recommend the breakfast staff on the 7th floor.
>Wanda always has a smile and a kind word for each traveler. We come back to this hotel just to say "hi" and to enjoy Wanda's conversation and coffee in the morning!
>I had a small problem with my room and the head of housekeeping fixed it that same morning while i was out at a meeting.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East Side recommended during summer as the West side had an A/C problem in August.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I spoke with Wanda this morning and personally thanked her for taking such great care of guests like you. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Wanda and our hotel and we promise to continue to deliver the same service, each and every stay. Thank you for continuing to choose the Crowne Plaza Austin. We hope you return soon!

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Copperas Cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to take the time to mention a young lady by the name of Tamara who works in the restaurant of his hotel. She is beyond professional, friendly, and courteous. The entire staff makes this a pleasant hotel, however she just "outshines" everyone!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Tamara is indeed a professional. She continually does whatever she can to please our guests. I'm pleased she was able to make an impression on you. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again real soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

From the time I arrived and checked in, my experience at the Crowne Plaza Austin,TX was extremely positive. Marshall and John at the front desk were very helpful, kind and friendly. I appreciated their professionalism and courtesy. I also valued the ease of access to the business center. I was here on business for a full week, and was glad that the business center was accessible, had enough computers for multiple users and lots of paper to print needed documents.

Carmen

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I intend to pass your review on the both Marshall and John. It was very kind of you to mention them. They are very good at their jobs and they enjoy what they do. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Hotel whenever you visit.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Service is good, rooms are spacious (bathrooms are not). Location is at I 35 and HWY 290 so it is easy in and out. Not very convenient for sightseeing in Austin unless you like to drive but if you are traveling on business and that business is nearby, it is a good value.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel for your business interests. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent January 30, 31, and Feb 1 at the Crowne Plaza, Austin, TX, and boy! it was a much better experience there than my wife and I have had during the past few years traveling around the USA. Not just the reception desk, but all the staff, including the restaurant, concierge, room cleaning staff, and the room service staff exuded a feeling of "welcome" and "what can I do for you" the entire time. I would especially like to commend your head waitress/reception lady on the mid-morning of Feb 1, 2014 who had the job of handling 40 - 50 youngsters there for the Special Olympics in for their breakfst. Most of these persons were austic and rather difficult to control. Even though their accompanied adult staff were trying to "corral and handle" these youngsters, it was difficult at best and frustrating to their "handlers". Not your head waitress. She continued to smile, assist the persons in charge, averted several temper and emotional instances by them, and by her very personality, was able to provide a pleasurable controlling influence over the crowd. She deserves a raise and the job of training and supervising your waitress staff. I would not have enjoyed my breakfast without her pleasant character which put a smile on everyone's face. I will, in the future, make every effort to stay in a Crowne Plaza Hotel in the future, based on my 3-day experience at this one.

James & Kathryn Haynes
1603 Heritage South
Richmond, TX 77406

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind words about Tamara. She is a very engaged and motivated associate and she takes great pride in providing the very best service each and every day. We are highlighting your review in our Associate Café and we have passed on a copy to Tamara. I am very pleased you chose our hotel and I hope you contine visiting the Crowne Plaza Austin. Thank you again.

Munising, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a wonderful stay here. Although there is nothing overly special about this hotel, the customer service here is so outstanding it makes it one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Three gentlemen; Marshall, Darian, and Cruz went above and beyond multiple times to help give us needed information on the area and make accommodations for us. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind words and for staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves on having friendly, helpful, and effiecient associates and Marshall, Darian, and Cruz are among our best. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize them. We all look forward to your next stay! If there is anything I can help you with on your next stay please feel free to contact me. Thank you again.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The only reason that I didn't rate this 5 stars is because the hotel could use updating, in particularly the bathrooms. They are very small and the door gets in the way of trying to move around. The heating/cooling unit in the room was noisy but I got used to it and it wasn't bad enough to complain to the staff about. That said, the rooms are clean and comfortable. but the shining stars are the staff.

I recently stayed there for a 3 day business trip. When I first checked in, the room that was reserved for me was a smoking room even though, as a platinum Priority Club member, my profile is nonsmoking. I have to admit that I wasn't very pleasant about it. Kirsten at the front desk was amazing and she completely diffused my frustration and turned the situation around quickly to the point where I couldn't apologize enough for being unpleasant. She was amazing! I'm particularly sensitive to customer service because I manage customer service for a national company. Great job Kirsten!

Wanda was responsible for starting my day off with a laugh and a smile. She is so warm and loving. Wanda is a treasure and I know that management is well aware after reading all of the reviews. I can't wait to come back to Austin (which I am next week) and have a dose of Wanda to start my day.

I will be in Austin relatively often over the next several months and this hotel is my #1 choice. The outstanding service mostly overcomes any of the properties physical shortcomings.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Wanda is indeed a treasure and her spirit is contagious. She truly enjoys pleasing all our guests, as does Kirsten. I am very pleased they were able to make an impression on you. They will absolutely love reading your comments. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. All of us, including Wanda and Kirsten, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!