“Rudy and the staff rock!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #45 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Rudy and the staff rock!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The driver Rudy was extremely helpful and took me to where I needed to go in a pinch. Also the manager really gave me a great room as I waited for awhile to get a room. Extremely courteous. So far my stay has rocked. I would say the location is not great but the shuttles help get you where you need to go. That's a plus!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments regarding Rudy. He is indeed an asset to our team. We hope you will choose us whenever you are visiting our city. Thank you again. We hope to see you again, soon.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I named my own price on Priceline and "won" a room at this hotel. The room I received (201) had a bed that was way too small for two people. It had a single double/full bed, which even seemed on the small side at that. Rooms for two people should at least have queen beds! The bed was all wrong, and that should be the highest priority for a hotel. We did not sleep comfortably at all. The bathroom was very cramped as well. The room was clean, but I was very disappointed with the stay here. It would be okay for a single traveler though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We value you as a guest and we are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here two nights while on business in Austin. I chose this hotel because of the rate I could get during a high-demand week and the location. Yes, it is an older hotel and it shows some in the rooms. However, I gave this hotel a fourth star due to the customer service. The front desk staff has a "can-do" attitude, including putting the guests first.

The stars of the hotel, though are Alison and Wanda in the concierge lounge. Alison serves guests during the evening hours. She has a very bright, cheerful, welcoming personality that is helpful at the end of the day. She reconginzes returning guests and engages in conversation with willing participants.

Wanda serves guests in the morning, also with a welcoming, cheerful attitude that makes for a great start to the day. Ask her to sing a song for you - she has a gift!

Another best feature of this hotel is the large swimming pool. You just don't them like this at newer hotels. It is outdoors and seasonal, but when it is open, it is wonderful.

The location is very good - you can be downtown in about 15 minutes - even when southbound I-35 is full of traffic. Also, there are several restaurants and shopping opportunities nearby. Try the Chinese restaurant next door - great buffet! Highland Mall is just across I-35 for shopping.

I recommend this hotel mainly for the location and the staff, especially if you have concierge lounge access.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza Austin whenever you're in our city. We all look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again.

Nottingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed for just the one night and were glad we didn't stay for longer. Front desk staff very disinterested when we checked in - conversed the minimum needed.

All public areas were very dated, looks like it was last refreshed in the 1980's.

Room was a good size and the bed really comfortable. Sink separate from the bath and toilet, probably because the bath section was too small to fit the sink too. Worked ok for us.

Hotel has potential, just needs a major refresh as it is very tired indeed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear NottsPanther75,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am really pleased that you found the bed comfortable. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Macks Creek, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just had a wonderful stay on the Executive Floor (7th) of the Crowne Plaza Hotel! Everything was clean and neat and every one was so friendly and helpful.
The Executive Lounge was wonderful and had two of the sweetest hostesses ever, Wanda Howell in the morning and Alison in the evening. They were polite and helpful and great on conversation. Miguel, the head over the restaurants, was also wonderful to us. We will stay again if we ever get the opportunity!

Room Tip: 7th floor executive. Great view, Executive lounge in the morning and the evening. (Except weekends)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'll happily pass on your comments to both Wanda and Alison. They work very hard at making sure our guests have everything they need to have a successful stay. We hope you will visit us again, soon. Thank you again.

Sunnyvale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel shuttle made me wait for an hour in the night cold air, then had to wait again for airline pilots to arrive, the hotel gave me a smoking room on the first floor which gave me a migraine headache and I couldn't sleep due to my smoke allergies. The following day I had allergic reactions all day. The free room wi-fi was slower than molasses so I used my my own broadband card and the room was also noisy, smelly and dirty. It's the worst IHG property experience I've had to date and I travel over 100,000 miles annually. I complained to the IHG Elite customer service group who were very responsive, apologetic and attentive. Not surprisingly the Crowne Plaza Austin management didn't follow through on any of the follow up that IHG said they would do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations for all our hotel guests and your comments are very important to us. We apologize for the oversight of our Housekeeping and Driver teams with regards to your stated concerns. Kindly be assured that we will treat this matter seriously. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you a more positive stay. Feel free to contact me directly if there are other concerns you may have. My direct number is 512-371-5249.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is located perhaps 10 minutes from all the downtown attractions, which isn't bad considering the price. Older hotel in 3 star category. Don't expect the Ritz or the Omni. I would likely stay again if it was the only thing available, but I suggest looking elsewhere. When I checked in, the front desk agents were talking negatively about other guests out in the open... I'd expect more from a finer hotel. Then again, I did go pretty cheap for this trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your candid comments. I can assure you we take your review seriously and we are continually working on ways to make our hotel the best. I apologize for our Front Office staff's lack of professionalism, The situation you described is definitely not typical behavior. I hope you will consider visiting us again. I can assure you we will find a way to meet your expectations.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!