“Employee Recognition” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 183 hotels in Austin
Woodstock, Georgia
“Employee Recognition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

While in Austin for a show at the Austin Convention Center over the week-end, I stayed at the Crown Plaza. I would like to recognize two individuals that went above and beyond the "call of duty" to assure my stay was enjoyable.
Darian Pennick and Darrell Smalls are excellent ambassadors for their hotel. I travel extensively, and these two gentlemen are amongst the most professional associates I have ever encountered during those many years. I had an opportunity to witness how these two guys treated other guest, and realized that everyone was afforded the same courteous service that was extended to me.
I would appreciate is someone would be kind enough to let Darian and Darrell know that someone said something nice about them, and appreciated their kindness.
THANK YOU, Darian and Darrell...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Crowne Plaza. I promise to inform both Darian and Darell of your comments and your review. We all hope you will continue to choose the Crowne Plaza and we hope to have you join us again in the very near future. Thank you again for your review.

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
arlington texa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

First visit here and heard different stories before arrival.

I found the hotell clean and rooms comfortable.

All staff encountered were great.

elevators are a little funny on running at times

I ate breakfast there five times and all were great. I asked for fresh eggs over easy and they had no problem with that.

Tamara and Shanda were great at breakfast.

Would recommend the hotel. I did not like trying to figure out how to get to it, but after a couple trips out figured it out.

Room Tip: if you are not going into austin would head to Round Rock area to eat, even then shoe the time of da...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza in Austin and thank you for your review. Tamara and Shawnda will be pleased to read your comments. I'm pleased we were able to meet your expectations. We hope you will continue to choose our hotel whenever you're in Austin.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Service is outstanding. Staff is helpful, polite, friendly, and competent. Had breakfast at the Executive Level and the staff there Wanda in the morning and Allison for the evening reception were very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable - had a small refrigerator. Everything was nice - convenient location - close to freeways. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room not too close to the elevator - afraid of noise - but I really don't think i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are all pleased we were able to meet your expectations and we all look forward to having you visit us again. I am passing on your comments to both Wanda and Alison. I'm sure they will be pleased to know their efforts are being recognized. Thank you again.

Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone - i travel weekely for business and I must say that the service at this hotel was outstanding!

There was a slight problem when I arrived and I must admit the entire staff worked with me and tried their very best to make my stay as pleasant as it could be.. The room are clean and nicely appointed the hotel resturant is great good food and fair prices..

The GM Randy Brunnemann - is outstanding he truely knows how to run a hotel from the moment you walk in the door of this hotel you will understandf what I mean.. Staff members go over and above board for you - Rudy was amazing when my flight was delayed he arranged for another driver to meet me... Dora at the front desk was great - Paul was great - and the list just goes on and on not to mention Mr Garcia who made it his business to greet me and to thank me for being a gest at the Crown Plaza... Floks if you are staying in Austin you need to stay here..

To all the recurters out there if your looking for a GM - Randy Brunnemann is your man - and regardless of what IGH is paying him its not enough. You will tell just what an amazing management style he has from the moment you arrive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. My staff and crew will enjoy seeing and reading your comments. I am so glad we were able to meet, and maybe exceed, your expectations. We all look forward to your next stay. Feel free to stop by my office and say hello, or let me know when you will be back in our hotel and I'll make sure I stop by to say hello to you. Thanks again for your wonderful review.

cogicstar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've stayed many times in Austin for both busines and for pleasure. On this trip our rooms were adequately equipped especially since all I did was go to meetings in the daytime and watch television and do homework at night. So, here is my review of the services I did use:
1. Room: The rooms was large enough for me (2 bed) for the door to the restroom was just a little awkward. Nothing major, though.
2. Room service: Can you say expensive? Now, can you shout - looking upwards toward the sky - while shaking your fist? Well that's what I did. Say it with me, People: "Way - too - expensive.
3. Service: VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY HELPFUL (2 thumbs up around the world and a snap)!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your unique review of our hotel. My staff excels in providing outstanding guest service and I am pleased we were able to meet your service expectations. I hope you will give us another chance to prove we are a lot better than adequate. Please continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin whenever you are in our town. Thank you again for your review.

Granbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked thru hotels.com and received a $142 rate for a single Fri nite. The room was clean and the bed & pillows were comfortable.Everything worked well. Was not able to dine and so can't rate. Front desk was organized and polite. Will stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Austin. We look forward to serving you again!

Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel was excellent. We enjoyed the wonderful accommodations from the nice reception to the the facilities (work out room, guest room, and the nice breakfast buffet we had on the executive level each morning).

Going into the breakfast buffet on the executive level was an experience all in itself. We were greeted each morning by Wanda Howell, a women that is making a BIG difference in peoples' lives. She has such a happy heart and serves others. She acknowledges each person walking into the room and leaving the room. She goes above and beyond to make each guest feel special. She has a song in her heart and blessed us by singing us a song one morning that we video tapes because she has such a beautiful voice, and we wanted to share this with others upon our return to our home town of San Diego, CA.. Wanda touched our hearts and our lives, and because of her we will be back to the beautiful Crowne Plaza in Austin, Texas.

Thank you Wanda Howell and God bless you for making a difference and being different. You stand out and are a TRUE ASSET to the Crowne Plaza.

We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Wanda is indeed a treasure and her spirit is contagious. She truly enjoys pleasing all our guests. I am very pleased she was able to make an impression on you. She will absolutely love reading your comments. I hope you will continue choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. All of us, including Wanda, look forward to seeing you again soon.