“My First Stay at the Crown Plaza” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #47 of 187 Hotels in Austin
New York City, New York
“My First Stay at the Crown Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am currently a guest and it is my 5th night out of a planned 12 night stay at the Crown Plaza Austin. Only good things to say... All the staff are very helpful and friendly, especially Tim, the Asst. Front Office Manager, who I have asked to do everything. Breakfast - Room Service, thanks to Malcolm, is right on time and the food is hot and just the way I asked my special request to be prepared. Free Wi-Fi in my room (on the second floor way down the hall) is strong and fast. Gym has all you need and is open 24 hours which is a big plus for me. There are tennis courts about 1 mile away. To me it's the people that make your stay a pleasant one, and so far, I am pleased.

Room Tip: I am on the second floor and the room is good. I also noticed that they also have first floor rooms...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I'm pleased we are meeting your expectations during these first few days of your stay. Please remember to let us know immediately if there is anything we can do to make your stay better. Our entire staff strives continually to provide the best service possible. I will pass on your comments to our managers and staff. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. Please let me know how your entire stay went.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were much impressed by the courtsey of the staff at the hotel. The resturant staff were super. Roy made the whole stay worthwhile. Talk about being spoiled, that we were. We are looking forward to next year's Ladies Auxilliary Round up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. We are looking forward to next year's event. We very much enjoyed working with your group. I'm pleased Roy was able to make such an impression. He is an excellent associate and our entire staff are excited about your return to our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice hotel located just north of downtown, close to Round Rock and the outlet stores. Had a great stay! I was decorated for Christmas and was lovely. The bar was spacious and accommodating. The only flaw I noticed, well make that 2, were the dead batteries in my remote and the arrangement of the bathroom. Minor things and certainly not a deal breaker.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you mentioned and I can assure you that will not be the case during your next visit. We hope you will return soon......and often.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a large conference last weekend and I couldn't have asked for better service. ALL the staff are great. The were all eager and willing to help. Believe me I'm a needy client with all kinds of requests. Let me also mention that I work for Non-profit so our budget is limited but they worked with me and allowed me to offer a free conference for 330 people. I have already booked my next event and can't wait to work with them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin and are very pleased you have decided to return. Our staff is always primed to do whatever it takes to ensure you have a successful event and we look forward to your next event with enthusiasm. Thank you for your review and your kind words..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Stay here several times a month and always we are received with big smiles and friendlines the staff at the front desk are amazing always helpful in any way that you need and of course if it is in there possibilities to do it, but they will try Tim And Marquise are two of the front desk workers that will really go out of there way to help.
The van drivers are very corteous and will offer to take you to places that are not close to the hotel, giving you more optionsthan what is around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel and for recognizing our associates. We always strive to maintain the highest standards of guest service and it's rewarding to hear that were able to meet your expectations. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here while attending a tradeshow at the Austin Convention Center- it's a great location. My room was nice and I loved the amenities, especially the aromatherapy items! There was even shaving creme and toothpaste with the restroom amenities. The staff are great and I will stay here again when in Austin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and review. I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and really look forward to your return to our hotel.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. The reviews I had read made me very skeptical about it. My room was very nice and clean. Plenty of outlets and even strips. Nice toiletries provided. Nice white fluffy towels in the bathroom. Shower had good water pressure and hot water. The bed was very comfortable. Only one major complaint, the walls are very thin and you can hear people in the next room and in the halls. It's amazing how people are not cognizant of other people in hotels. The slamming of doors was ridiculous at this hotel. I also didn't like the fact that the heater/ac fan would go off and not stay on to provide some noise. I got a very good rate on my room $108/nt. I would not pay more than $125/nt for a room at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin and for your review. I regret that we weren't able to meet all your expectation but I am pleased that you would consider staying with us again. I will pass on your comments to our staff. If you encounter any concerns during your next stay please inform our Front Desk. I am certain they will be very helpful in assisting you. Thank you.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!