“Austin 11/15” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Phoenix
“Austin 11/15”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

As always a great hotel to stay in. The staff is friendly and the location is perfect. Some of the staff need mentioning for their hospitality and attention to service. They are Nora and Kevin at the front desk, Tori and Monica at the bar, Augie at the restaurant and Christina in the hospitality lounge on the 7th floor, and Roy who greets you at the door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I am very glad we continue to meet and exceed your expectations. I am happy to pass on your comments to Dora, Kevin, Tori, Monica, Augie, Christina, and Roy. These are some of our finest associates and they set the example for their co-workers to follow. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Austin. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I visited Austin recently and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Austin TX. Everything about our stay was outstanding. The room was clean, comfortable, and hotel was very convenient to everything. The staff went out fo it's way to make us feel welcome. The breakfast buffet was terrific with it's assortment and quality of food. A couple of the staff were particularly outstanding, Rebecca in the lounge was very friendly and efficient and helped us decide some of things we wanted to see in Austin. Roy at the front kiosk also went out of his way to get us some information. The entire staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. We booked on hotwire and did not know the hotel until we booked but we could not be happier with our accomodations at any price. We will definitely stay there on our next visits to Austin.

Room Tip: didn't see any other rooms but ours was facing the highway and we really didn't notice the n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I'm pleased that Rebecca, Roy, and the rest of our staff met your expectations and provided you the world class service we are known for. I hope you will consider staying with us again when you are next in Austin. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night during Austin City Limits Music Festival. We didn't check in unil late Friday evening and the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. They gave us a room on the Executive Level (key card access only). The room was impeccable and they even provided commonly forgotten items (toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc.). There was zero noise from the hallway and the highways outside. I would stay here again in the future and would recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we will see you again very soon. There is always something new and exciting to do in Austin so make your plans to visit us at your next earliest convenience. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza - Austin.

Rio Grande City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel was nice but felt treated like a second class passenger who made the mistake of stepping into first class. Breakfast was not included in the hotel rate even though it was a overflow hotel....Saturday morning when checking out I called down for help with luggage 3 times Finally gave up got my own luggage cart, when went to Check out young lady behind desk (who looked 18) told me Breakfast was not included in my plan and that was my receipt that I had received under my door this morning was my final receipt.

Will think twice before staying here again.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or get to eat breakfast so rating scale should include N/A.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Please accept my most sincere apologies for what happened to you during your recent stay. I can honestly tell you that it is definitely not typical of how we treat or service our guests. I will speak with everyone involved and can assure you that this will not be repeated. I do hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any concerns during your next stay. Just pick up a house phone and ask for the General Manager. Thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope you will continue to stay at the Crowne Plaza.

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here for a night for a wedding, booked in an Executive Level King room. They allowed me to check in a bit early at 2pm so that I could take a shower and get changed before the wedding. They also gave me a couple of oatmeal cookies, a free welcome drink voucher, and a free breakfast voucher as a Platinum member.

The room was spacious, and had an awe-inspiring view of the parking lot from the 7th floor. Ok, so the view wasn't that great, but it's located a bit north of downtown and is by an intersection of two highways so you can't expect a whole lot. The furniture is nice, and they also included free wifi. The downside was that the bathroom was tiny with barely enough room for the shower/tub, the toilet, and the sink.

It's a bit away from downtown and getting there from 35N the first time was not the most trivial thing, but I think it's a nice hotel that really seems to take care of their customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your excellent review. Our entire staff works very hard at providing great guest service and I will make sure I pass along your comments to all of them. I appreciate you choosing our hotel and we all hope to see you again soon.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and another couple with whom we're friends chose this hotel for a weekend "get away" and really enjoyed it. The room was spotlessly clean; service was friendly and fast; the bed was perfect; and the amenities were in order. It was a coolish weekend and the hallways were cold, but other than that, I can't think of anything I didn't like about the hotel. Weekend rates were very favorable too (probably because UT was not playing a home football game).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm pleased we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will choose us again sometime in the near future. Even on a UT weekend I can assure you we'll provide you the same outstanding guest service. Hope to see you again soon!

Montabaur, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this Hotel for one night. The air conditioning in the room was so loud. I got an app to measure it. And it was up to 85 db while running. I can not sleep with this loudness. After we turned it off you could hear the traffic from the I-35 all night long. So i would not recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
I would like to apologize for the challenges you faced during your recent stay. I can assure you this is not typical of our hotel. I hope you will give us an opportunity to change your mind. Please let me know when you are visiting Austin again. We have several other options available, including our advertised "Quiet Floor". Please ask for me when next you visit and I'll be happy to explain other options that I hope will change your mind about our hotel. Thank you for alerting me to this concern.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!