I was here for a night for a wedding, booked in an Executive Level King room. They allowed me to check in a bit early at 2pm so that I could take a shower and get changed before the wedding. They also gave me a couple of oatmeal cookies, a free welcome drink voucher, and a free breakfast voucher as a Platinum member.
The room was spacious, and had an awe-inspiring view of the parking lot from the 7th floor. Ok, so the view wasn't that great, but it's located a bit north of downtown and is by an intersection of two highways so you can't expect a whole lot. The furniture is nice, and they also included free wifi. The downside was that the bathroom was tiny with barely enough room for the shower/tub, the toilet, and the sink.
It's a bit away from downtown and getting there from 35N the first time was not the most trivial thing, but I think it's a nice hotel that really seems to take care of their customers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Austin Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the Crossroads of the Capitol City minutes from Downtown Austin and the Texas State Capitol, guests appreciate our dedication in ensuring each stay is enjoyable. Our convenient central location at I-35 & Hwy 290 provides easy access to the area s top corporate centers & major attractions. Super Shuttle offers transportation to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). Relax in one of 293 newly renovated guest rooms featuring the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage . The executive floor, with private elevator key access, offers upgraded amenities and an executive lounge serving breakfast, and beer & wine each weekday. Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet in all guest rooms, lobby, and business center make it easy to catch up on those last minute e-mails. Workouts in the fitness center are convenient with 24-hour guest key access, and afterwards enjoy a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or Jacuzzi. Guests enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Crossroads Grille, and then also enjoy your favorite beverage in Crossroads Lounge. With one of the largest ballrooms in the area, the Crowne Plaza is The Place to Meet offering 12,000 square feet of event space. Area Businesses: Dell, Applied Materials, Samsung, Dell Children s Hospital, IBM, Intel, Siemens, & University of Texas. Area Attractions: 6th Street, Warehouse District, UT, Austin Convention Center, Barton Springs, LBJ Presidential Library, Arboretum, Round Rock AAA baseball team and Disch Falk Field. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.