“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 182 hotels in Austin
San Francisco
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was here for a night for a wedding, booked in an Executive Level King room. They allowed me to check in a bit early at 2pm so that I could take a shower and get changed before the wedding. They also gave me a couple of oatmeal cookies, a free welcome drink voucher, and a free breakfast voucher as a Platinum member.

The room was spacious, and had an awe-inspiring view of the parking lot from the 7th floor. Ok, so the view wasn't that great, but it's located a bit north of downtown and is by an intersection of two highways so you can't expect a whole lot. The furniture is nice, and they also included free wifi. The downside was that the bathroom was tiny with barely enough room for the shower/tub, the toilet, and the sink.

It's a bit away from downtown and getting there from 35N the first time was not the most trivial thing, but I think it's a nice hotel that really seems to take care of their customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review. Our entire staff works very hard at providing great guest service and I will make sure I pass along your comments to all of them. I appreciate you choosing our hotel and we all hope to see you again soon.

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and another couple with whom we're friends chose this hotel for a weekend "get away" and really enjoyed it. The room was spotlessly clean; service was friendly and fast; the bed was perfect; and the amenities were in order. It was a coolish weekend and the hallways were cold, but other than that, I can't think of anything I didn't like about the hotel. Weekend rates were very favorable too (probably because UT was not playing a home football game).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm pleased we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will choose us again sometime in the near future. Even on a UT weekend I can assure you we'll provide you the same outstanding guest service. Hope to see you again soon!

Montabaur, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this Hotel for one night. The air conditioning in the room was so loud. I got an app to measure it. And it was up to 85 db while running. I can not sleep with this loudness. After we turned it off you could hear the traffic from the I-35 all night long. So i would not recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
I would like to apologize for the challenges you faced during your recent stay. I can assure you this is not typical of our hotel. I hope you will give us an opportunity to change your mind. Please let me know when you are visiting Austin again. We have several other options available, including our advertised "Quiet Floor". Please ask for me when next you visit and I'll be happy to explain other options that I hope will change your mind about our hotel. Thank you for alerting me to this concern.

Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Plz share our experience with other travelers. Recently spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Austin Texas and the service was 2nd to none. Roy at concierge gave us an outstanding quick tour of the downtown area. Tim (manager) and Kevin (assistant manager) managed to get us an extra day when occupancy rate was 103%, with 2 major conventions in town, and Auggie in the restaurant made us an incredible breakfast after the breakfast buffet was done for the morning. There was never a problem they couldn't resolve and they loved doing there job. Being in the entertainment/service industry at Universal Studios Orlando, these are the type of employees that make a great vacation, memorable! Wonderful experience, Thank You, Bruce Eakin Orlando

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and great review. Our entire staff continually strives to provide all our guests the very best possible service and I'm pleased to know that in your case they succeeded. I will pass on your comments to Roy, Tim, Kevin, and Augie. We are very happy you chose the Crowne Plaza and we all look forward to your return to Austin.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I would like to thank Tim Daughty for his outstanding and understanding way he handled our problem and his gracious way in dealing with us. Our stay at the Crown Plaza in Austin, TX was perfect.
Thank you Tim for all you did for us.

John & Sharon Fattor

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I spoke with Tim and passed on your thanks. Tim's leadership and cooperative style have helped our Front Desk staff continue to provide outstanding guest service to all our hotel guests. We hope you choose to visit us again on your next visit to Austin.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was 4 months pregnant when I visited the Crowne Plaza for a conference. I was still a bit nauseous and had a lot of quirky needs. I was worried I would feel isolated without a car and not knowing the area. And I worried I would not be able to get the foods I needed to stay alert and focused during the conference. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Crowne Plaza team ready and willing to go the extra mile to make me comfortable. Roy and Tim helped coordinate efforts to get me out to grocery store to find the things I needed. Paul happily drove a bit out of his normal route to make sure this could happen. Then the room service and guest service staff checked on me repeatedly throughout the weekend to see if there was anything else that they could do. I felt comfortable and supported, even during this difficult time.
Thanks Crowne Plaza team.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am extremely pleased our staff was able to take care of you while you were visiting us. I have spoken with Paul, Roy, Tim, and our Food & Beverage Department to pass on your kind words. We appreciate that you chose our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes and congratulations on your upcoming birth. Thank you again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Austin.

Lewisville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was super impressed with Rachel, the hostess. She was so nice and friendly in the mornings! And Kevin, at the front desk is so helpful. The staff is great all around. The only room left was on the smoking floor. But, luckily, the room itself did not have a heavy smoking smell. Very impressed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We think Rachel and Kevin are very impressive as well. They continually strive to provide friendly, efficient service to all our guests. We hope you will choose our hotel on your next visit to Austin. Thank you.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!