“A Very Pleasant Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #45 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Novelty
“A Very Pleasant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were welcomed and made to feel like we were valued customers- starting with the front desk staff of Kevin and Kirsten who made us at ease and were willing to help in any way possible. The shuttle driver we used, Joe, was great. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your experience. I appreciate that Kevin, Kirsten, and Joe were able to make your stay pleasurable. Their expertise at pleasing our guests is second to none. I hope you will consider staying with us again and again.

Randy Brunnemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Attending conference at this hotel. Terrific room, looked freshly redone, nice comfy bed, super clean and cold, cold for Texas climate. Terrific banquet today. NOT typical hotel food as often is the case. Herb chicken was tender, tasty, done just right..perfect I might say. Salad and dressing were cold, crisp. Veggies flavorful. And the cheesecake was supurb. Service extrodinaire. All staff were courteous, eager to help with anything, made sure you felt like a special guest. Highly recommend this place for a personal stay or conference/business event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Our staff continually strives to provide excellent guest serivce to everyone who chooses our hotel. I'm pleased we were able to meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to our Housekeeping Department and our Food & Beverage Team. Thank you again for your review. We all look forward to seeing you again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was welcomed warmly upon arrival. I agree with other reviewers that the front desk staff really sets a wonderful tone. The shuttle drivers, Joe and Lee were very kind and friendly. There was also another person I'd like to recognize and that is the concierge who helped me with restaurant selections. I had the opportunity to eat in the hotel restaurant and the food was good and the service was quite pleasant. I would also like to thank the hotel staff, especially Kevin, front desk Rebecca, a waitress and the housekeeping staff on the 4th floor. The accommodations were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. All the associates you named plus the rest of our staff work very hard at providing the very best guest sevice possible. We appreciate that you chose our hotel. We hope you will return soon. Thank you.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The location is great for this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that my stay was excellent. I had absolutely no issues with this hotel. The lady in the executive lounge was great as well as the front desk staff! I will be staying here everytime I come back to Austin!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We all look forward to your next visit to our hotel! Wanda, in the Executive Lounge, and our entire Front Desk are always striving to provide all our guests with excellent, consistent service and friendliness. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time my husband and I did a military marriage retreat and at first our room was not exactly want we wanted. I went to front desk to ask for a room change and Kevin pichardo the front desk agent went out of his way to change our room and it turned out the room was spectacular. Best room we stayed in a while. We will definitely come again with the service that was provided by Kevin. He needs a well deserved raise!

Sanchez family

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. Kevin is indeed an excellent representative of our hotel. I have received several comments on his ability and his friendliness. I am very pleased your stay with us exceeded your expectations and we all look forward to your next stay. I will pass on your wonderful comments to Kevin and the entire Front Desk staff.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Two complaints about this Hotel. Room cleaning could be better. Remote , phone and lamps had a lot of grime on them. Food in the hotel is very good but the bar/restaurant service is the worst I have experienced. Hotel location is great. Front desk is a cut above the rest and should be a model for other Crone Plaza hotels

Room Tip: Inspect the room make sure it's grime free.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your review. I apologize you didn't receive the type of great service our staff usually provides. I have spoken with both our Executive Housekeeper and our Director of Food & Beverage regarding your concerns. I can assure you they will investigate and will immediately correct your concerns. I hope you will consider trying our hotel again. I am certain we can meet, and exceed, your expectations. Please contact me personally when you stay with us again. I know you will be pleased. Thank you.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my second stay at the hotel. Stayed here based on a previous experience. First stay was great, but I left somewhat disappointed this time. Here are the reasons why:

Pros:
Executive Level Staff was Super Friendly, including lady who does breakfast
Easy to find
Comfortable Beds

Cons:
Hotel needs an upgrade (workout room, restrooms in room, etc)
Staff was hit or miss on being helpful. Front desk attendant my last night was short when I asked for a wake up call for example. Made me feel like I was a burden.

I want to give it a third try but may look else where next trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations on your last stay with us. I hope you will consider staying with us again. I am sure we will meet and excede your expectations of us. I will pass on your comments to Wanda, our Executive Level Attendant, and will discuss your concerns with our Front Office Manager. We will all look forward to having your at our hotel again real soon. If I can be of any assistance during your next stay please have a staff member get in touch with me. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Randy Brunnemann

Been to Crowne Plaza Austin? Share your experiences!