“Walkable to ACL Moody Theatre and on Austin's town lake” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX 78701 (South Austin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 20%
Ranked #90 of 182 hotels in Austin
Gatesville, TX
“Walkable to ACL Moody Theatre and on Austin's town lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We chose the Radisson mainly because it was within walking distance of our concert venue, Austin City Limits Moody Theatre. Yes, it is on town lake, hike and bike trails, scenic downtown Austin, restaurants and retail shops. On site is a Starbucks and Fridays Restaurant (where you can watch the sunset and the bats exit the bridge next to the hotel). The hotel lobby and rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable furnishings including a couple of very large aquariums filled with assorted colorful fish. Our stay was for only one night and it was a good choice.

Note: the hotel is undergoing major improvements with the pool area so if you expect to swim anytime soon, choose another hotel for now.

Room Tip: Request room away from street side and also not near the pool since it is undergoing complete renova...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear TexasCatBird,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We appreciate your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for being understanding of our major improvements that we are making. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Austin. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We came from out of state to attend the Texas Shootout Softball Tourney. This hotel was selected as the host hotel. Generally, I choose to stay at a Starwood Hotel because I NEVER run into these issues with them. Actually, it's been several years since I have stayed in a hotel with all the issues we encountered. First of all, upon check-in I tried to get the 18 year old girl to explain to me how my credit card would be charged and she couldn't explain anything to me. Then when we got to the room I noticed that we did not have the Sleep Number beds, the iHome and when you opened our curtains all you see is another dirty building next door, it is false advertising to say all your rooms have these amenities. The air in the room was musty and thick, the headboard that was attached to the wall was coming off and to top it all off, staying in Room 305 we were right next to the ice, vending machines and the service elevator. I immediately notified the front desk of these issues and they told me that basically because I booked through the tournament page the only rooms available to us were floors 3 & 4. I was not made aware of this or I would have booked accommodations elsewhere. The girl was extremely rude and basically just said tough luck because the hotel was at full capacity and this was the rate that we selected. I just couldn't believe how abrasive your staff was. Due to the other festivals going on in Austin there was no way to change hotels, so we tried to make the best of it. Next, the room was very unclean, silly string on your ceilings, the bathroom was dingy and gross with the tub constantly backed up and standing in dirty water; and once again the air in the room was musty and smelly. But the WORST part of the stay, aside from the fact that the beds were not even long enough to accommodate me at 5'9, was the NOISE LEVEL of the ice machine, vending machine and service elevator. I initially thought there was a storm because of how loud it was. On the 2nd day of our stay my boyfriend was woken up at 6:00 am by someone filling an ice chest right next to us. It was hard to watch tv, rest, work on my schoolwork or even talk on the phone. Even though I discussed this with the front desk, no one ever got back to me and nothing was even attempted to be settled. Also, we decided that we did not want the room serviced by housekeeping due to some other reviews I read on Trip Advisor about internal theft, I placed the Please Do Not Disturb sign on the door and I guess housekeeping thought we were gone because they opened the door when I was in there by myself. I couldn't believe it. What's the point of even using the sign if they are going to come in anyways. I spoke to the housekeeper in Spanish and told her to NOT clean this room. What concerns me most is what if I had not been there and things went missing yet we think the entire time that because of the sign no one would enter but they tried anyways. Unacceptable. For $510 for 3 nights you would expect a pleasant stay at a decent hotel. We got NONE of that. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever. I was extremely dissatisfied to the point I even felt like asking for a refund. I was using my 3 days there to study and relax before coming home to have surgery and there was absolutely nothing relaxing about your hotel. In the future you should advertise correctly, stating that if you are segregated to floor 3/4 you will not have the same amenities as the rest of the hotel. And headboards nailed to the wall? Is it not 2013? I could go on longer but I have already wasted enough time concerning your facilities, or lack there of.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3/4 floors. They do not offer the same amenities as the rest of the hotel and yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our property. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us at the Radisson. We are very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay. We are very sorry that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. We would like to invite you to contact the hotel directly so we can take care of this matter.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First off, the hotel itself is undergoing a desperately needed updating/renovation, and once that is done it will be so nice because the décor is pretty dated. Location is awesome- right on the lake and central to everything. I asked for a lake view room at check-in and was told it would be an upgrade, so I passed since we were only staying 1 night. Lo and behold, we got a 12th floor lake view room anyway! Woo hoo! I'm not crazy about the Sleep Number beds, but that's just personal preference. Shower was a standard tub/shower combo but great water pressure. It was great to have a Starbucks right in the hotel for a coffee to go. Overall, for the price it's pretty good, but we are going to try the Hyatt across the lake next week to compare.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room for awesome view of the lake
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cannoneva,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so happy that you were satisfied with your room. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location in the heart of downtown Austin. Staff upgraded me and my gf to a King Size bed for free just telling them I was proposing! She said yes BTW :-) We stayed for two nights. They also put us up on the top floor with a beautiful view of Congress Ave. looking right up to the state capitol. The TGIFridays is right downtstairs in addition to a Starbucks coffee. The hotel room was very clean and nothing special, but how much time do you spend in your room?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. Congrats to you on your engagement. We strive to make everyone comfortable. We value all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you both will visit us again in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson for one night this past Saturday. We had low expectations but were proven extremely wrong. What a nice hotel! We stayed on the 12th floor in a King Bed Suite. We had access to the Club amenities and the staff was awesome. We were in walking distance of everything! They are currently remodeling the pool and when it's completed it will be magnificent. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Kate,

Thank you for telling us aobut your stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you stayed with us. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and overall enjoyed our experience. That was mostly due however to the amazing location of this hotel. The rooms themselves were okay, the walls were paper thin and the furnishings were pretty outdated. It seems however that the hotel staff have heard these concerns. They were very clear that the rooms will be updated shortly (including pool area which looks like it'll be great).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear app05166,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are currently being renovated. We do hope that you will consider us again in the future. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you to see you again in the future.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My girl friends and I just spent a girls weekend in Austin for a bachelorette party weekend. This hotel is in a great location to be able to walk to many of Austin's bars and restaurants. It is also situated right on the river, with access to the wonderful riverside path right outside the hotel. The girls and I went on a morning run and it was so beautiful! The lobby also has live music and cocktails in the evening which I thought was nice. I was also impressed with the radisson for how accommodating they were to us. The concierge (Johnny) was super friendly and nice arranging cabs for our party of six. Also we ordered a bottle of sparkling wine to our room and they were more than happy to deliver it quickly. The rooms were pretty standard, but with very comfortable beds. Also it seems the hotel is going under some renovations to update it, including adding a new pool overlooking the river. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any Austin visitors looking for a great location and accommodating staff!

• Stayed April 2013
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear cherienian,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you all. We hope you enjoyed your girls weekend in Austin. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Also thank you for mentioning Johnny. The staff members always enjoy hearing feedback about their service. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown

Been to Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown? Share your experiences!