“Decent Stay in Austin” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Boston
“Decent Stay in Austin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very good location for DT Austin. Room was adequate and comfortable. Front desk was nice and did a nice job changing my room as I needed 2 queens instead of a king. If you are staying downtown this place would be a good pick if the price is right. Nothing special- but meets your needs.

Parking garage is 16 dollars a night. There is also a Starbucks and a TGI Fridays located on-site.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Jryan15,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate your need for a room change. Thank you for staying with us. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was in Austin on business. The location was perfect for the few times I had free to see the sights. I had a high room over looking the river - an easy walk to the SoCo area for an afternoon of shopping. My conference was at the Convention Center just a few blocks away and it was an easy stroll to 6th Street and all that great music! As a woman alone, I felt safe and comfortable walking the streets at night. Everyone was SO friendly and there's a Starbucks in the lobby. The hotel is quiet, the beds are comfy and the internet is fast. Also the water pressure in the shower was great. The only things that kept me from the highest rating is lack of refrigerator in the room and magnifying mirror in the bathroom.

Room Tip: I always choose a room away from the elevator. A high floor overlooking the river is great - especia...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear MSH444,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your time in Austin. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the mirror and the lack of a refrigerator in your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused due to this. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel & suites Austin Downtown
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in January 2013. I was excited to go to Austin for work because I have never travelled to Austin, TX before. I choose the Radisson because of its proximity to the famous "Bat Bridge". I requested a room with a view of the lake with the understanding that I would have a view of the bridge. Well, first impressions when you enter the lobby is that the hotel appears to be well kept. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. They were speedy in checking me in. There is a TGI Fridays's and a Starbucks located within the hotel lobby.

I was originally on the 8th floor in a king suite but requested a room change because when I opened the room curtains (they were shut when I entered the room making the room appear dark) I was looking directly at the parking area. I understood why the curtains were closed. I did have a view of the lake and bridge but all I could see was the parking. I was moved to the 10th floor to room 1033. It is also a king suite larger than the first I was in and the view, although I could still see the parking area, was better. The rooms are equipped with sleep number beds. I must say I fell in love with the bed. To be honest the bed and view were the best thing about the room. When I entered the room it had a damp musky smell that I cold not place. I had just changed my room and did not want to risk another change so I stayed put. That was a mistake. My first night was the noisiest night I ever spent in a hotel. On top of that the drain backed up in the bath as I was taking a shower. It was fixed the next afternoon. My other disappointment was the look of the room. The wallpaper is peeling in spots and the furniture appears not to have been updated since the late 80's/early 90's. I don't know how old the hotel is but the rooms are in dire need of a makeover. The saving grace was that I could open the curtains at night and look at the view.

I did use the fitness center. It had the basic equipment that you would need to get a good workout. Although, they may want to invest in newer pieces.

All in all the hotel is in a great location. It's within walking distance of everything downtown. It just needs some sprucing up.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
At the Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin, Guest Feedback is very important to us. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We have contacted this guest directly regarding this matter and look forward to working with them further to resolve this issue.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

we booked this hotel on a whim for New Years and without reading any reviews. although we only stayed for one night, the service was impeccable! we thought it would be crummy especially because it was New Years in Austin. The location was right near 6th street which is where we had reservations to ring in the New Year. We preordered room service for the morning and it was absolutely delightful. the OJ was fresh squeezed and the coffee perfect. The staff was all courteous. My only complaint was the price of parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rory T,

Thank you for telling us about your stay during the holiday. We hope you enjoyed ringing in the New Year in Austin. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We value your feedback regarding the parking at the hotel. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a large conference in the Austin area. While the location is nice, everything else is average at best and at $200 plus a night on convention rates this is no value. The rooms are worn and tired as are the public spaces. The room I was in had a great view of town lake except that the windows were so dirty it ruined the view. The web site for this hotel does not have any number where you can speak to the hotel directly. Everything directs you to a call center. Next if you have a complaint my experience is that you are transferred to an extension where you are put on hold and 10 minutes passed with no answer. I will never stay at this hotel again. There are other choices with just as convenient locations in Austin

• Stayed January 2013
Edinburg, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the valet to the front desk the service was 2nd to none. I can't say enough about the people providing outstanding service at the Radisson. In addition, the location can't be better right on the water in downtown Austin. The room was clean and tidy; however, if you need every tile in the bathroom and shower to be brand new you will be dissapointed because the floor tile and shower were at least 5+ years old. On the plus side the bathrooms have granite counters, new mirrors, sinks, etc. The shower head and water temp control provided a great shower. Sleep number beds (if you like those).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear digitalq,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We hope you enjoyed your time in Austin. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights and booked a lake-view room. It was on the 12th floor and had possibly the best views in Austin. The room was large and comfortable with panoramic views over the lake and over the bat bridge to South Congress. The bed was a 'sleep number' bed which allowed you to adjust the firmness to your individual preference. However, for us this did not result in a more comfortable sleep - if anything it was less so. Although the hotel is not new it was clean and the staff were welcoming. We used the option of valet parking which worked well. Parking in Austin is not always easy. The food at TGI Fridays was not haute cuisine but was not bad either. It was possible to eat or drink outside on the terrace overlooking the lake and the lakeside walkways. We would stay here again when in Austin but the lake view room would be a must.

Room Tip: Book a room with a lakeside view and ask for the highest floor available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SlowDance,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Austin. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Austin. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown

Been to Radisson Hotel & Suites Austin Downtown? Share your experiences!