“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 San Jacinto at 8th Street, Austin, TX 78701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #26 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Phoenix, Arizona
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Its very nice but for the price it should be. Be prepared to pay for everything - parking is extra- they have not gotten the memo about free wifi globally - "hello mcfly" - so if I have to pay 10 bucks a day for wifi why is it dial up speed slow? If I stay at hampton inn its included and super fast? any way you can answer that for me where it makes any kind of sense? If you join the rewards program the "vigs " are not as much as if you dont. no free breakfast.. I donno, it seems like the more I pay the less I get. its a nice nice hotel but man.. the charges... parking, breakfast, wifi... the charges keep adding up... if I was not at a conference that was located here I would have stayed at the hampton inn where I would not be gouged. The place is very very nice but be prepared to pay for it - and be charged for every single thing - nothing is included and dont assume it is because... its not.

Room Tip: get up high away from 6th street noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay and close to festival shuttle. We booked ahead and are also Omni members which has a nice peek of free breakfast beverage delivery to your room every dat of your stay. If you rent a car though there is a daily parking fee. Hotel very close to many of the festival after party venues

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed for three nights and I had a great stay. Room was clean and was of generous size. Hotel staff was very attentive. Food and coffee was very good. They put out a nice spread. The location is close to the capitol, music attractions, and the convention center. All are a quick walk from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here during the formula 1 race. The hotel was very good in terms on their facilities, cleanliness, service (all staff were very happy to be of assistance). We used the in-room dining several times due to our schedule and ate in the restaurant as well, and the food and service were really good. The close proximity to the downtown added to the appeal of this location - easy to walk to 6th Street etc.
The only downside was that because of the outdoor concerts late at night (as part of the USGP Fan Fest), and because our room faced the street, we could hear the music until 2 a.m. and midnight on three nights.
I would stay there again however as the positives by far outweighed this one issue (that was not the hotel's fault).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay during the Formula One event in Austin. We hope you will return next year and perhaps we can place you in an interior facing room for a more comfortable stay during the festivities.
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The downtown Omni was perfect for a birthday celebration. We were blocks away from what we wanted to see. Hotel restaurant was excellent as was room service.Perfect location, fantastic staff, excellent food, unbelievable quiet, great decor, workspace. The rooms were spotless and anything we needed was taken care of immediately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

thank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in thisthank you for your work, I feel very comfortable in your hotel, and if I have another choice, I will continue my stay in this

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I checked in at the Omnibus for a convention. It isn't attached to the convention center but it was still close. Approximately 6 blocks away. Clean rooms and beautiful lobby impressed me. The most impressive part of the hotel is the service. Everyone wants to help. Actually asks you if you need help. I would stay here in a heartbeat again.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Omni Austin Hotel Downtown? Share your experiences!