“Fine. Highlight was Jason the bartender.” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 E. 11th St., Austin, TX 78701   |
Ranked #85 of 191 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, MA
“Fine. Highlight was Jason the bartender.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton for 2 nights during a recent business trip. The hotel is showing its age and is honestly nothing special. We prefer to stay at the W downtown but it was already booked due to the F1 Racing event that was happening that coming weekend. The Sheraton is conveniently located and an easy walk to some of the downtown spots. Parking costs $16/night which seemed pricey to me. Rooms are adequate. The bathrooms are a little dated with shower curtains. And the closet in the room was squeezed into the bathroom too. Size of the room to me, was on the small side. I didn't spend a ton of time in my room so it wasn't a big deal. We ate the breakfast buffet downstairs one morning and it's your standard buffet. Not great but will suffice in a pinch (and it was free with my rate). The highlight of our stay was hanging in the bar with a great bartender, Jason. He offered great suggestions and shared some of his specialties with us. Super nice guy and made staying in the hotel really fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for 3 nights over a weekend. We really enjoyed the location and found Austin to be very safe for walking and easily accessible from the hotel. We rented a car but did not use it once so tip for travelers if you are staying at this hotel and plan just to be in Austin city center, skip the rental car.

The rooms on the higher floors have a very nice view if you are on the view side of the hotel. Skip breakfast and coffee in the hotel and instead walk accross the freeway on 11th street to find much better breakfast options.

If you want to see music, the access to Red River Street from the hotel is great and every bar will have a live band.

Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location, after being in Austin, I don't think you want to be closer to 6th Street than this. The hotel is a few blocks away from 6th Street, close to Stubbs (good music and food), indoor and outdoor pool, comfortable bed and clean. There is a good Mexican restaurant around the corner. We got a great rate, the Taxi driver told us not to walk to the right when you leave the hotel, but we went about 1/2 mile and there was a really nice section of town that was unlike the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Sheraton Austin. Last time we came to Austin, we stayed at the Hyatt and found it a little too far to walk to everything. This location was perfect! Walking distance to the capital, UT and 6th street. Room was clean and bed comfortable. We had a late
dinner at the bar, delicious Hummus and Pita Bread appetizer. Definitely will stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

After serving power outages in the northeast, I headed to Austin for work. The room are really nice. I had a view of the capital from my room. Beds are also very comfortable. Had a chance to work out in the morning. They have a large gym with tv's on each cardio machine. They have a separate weight room, which I like because the clanging of weights can be distracting. When looking for breakfast in the morning all I wanted was a cup of oatmeal. They did not have any in the restaurant, so I resided myself to the fact that I would have to find some on the road. When I got to the lobby there two folks there wishing me a good day. I stopped to ask about oatmeal and talk about snapping into action. Within 5 min, I had a hot bowl or oatmeal in my hands. I know it is a little thing, but it makes a big impact on me.

• Stayed November 2012
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here because it was "downtown" but truthfully it was a few blocks from the action on 6th St. We got a great rate and I'm sure the location was the reason. If you don't mind walking 5 or 6 blocks its not so bad. Hotel interior was nice, pool area was great. Beds in our room were pretty uncomfortable- old and saggy matresses. We got great advice on area restaurants from the guy at the front desk, the bartender in the bar area was great as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nirvana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Truthfully, I stay at a lot of Hilton properties but I will ALWAYS stay at this Sheraton in Austin. From the front desk, maids, bell staff, and restaurant...a great property with a great location. The lobby bar was surreal this weekend thanks to Halloween AND Comic Con on the same weekend.

I had a few issues (minor) and they jumped through hoops of fire to fix them. Class act stem to stern. The shower heads and bed made for a very comfy stay...

Room Tip: 12th Floor is for Starwood Members...and very very nice rooms to boot.