“Terrible choice, keep looking!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible choice, keep looking!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

After spending almost $300 a night on Saturday March 29, 2014, I would have to admit I was highly disappointed in the level of service at the Lakeway Resort and Spa. To start off check-in was not until 4pm, which I had no idea about since it does not state that when you are making the reservation. After going back and forth with the manager they finally got us a room at 1:30pm. Secondly, after settling down in our room, the shower was clogged, and the IPod dock did not work. When I called down to the lobby I was told they would send an engineer to my room to fix the issues. I declined and asked them to give us a different room. The second room also had an IPod dock that did not work and this time I did ask for someone to come up to take a look and see if it was a user error. Turns out the engineer had no idea why it was not working. After spending 30 minutes in the room he gave up trying and just apologized. At that point I just remembered I had left a pair of pants in my first room and asked to see if they could have housekeeping bring it to me. I was told that the room was already given to another guest. I called that room and the lady actually told me she did find my pants in the restroom. So does that mean that housekeeping did not even clean the room? She was nice enough to give me my pants back.
Later that night we decided to go to the pool and were told that we would have to leave by 11pm, and let me remind you once again this is Saturday night and we are paying to be able to use the amenities at the resort. To make things even better during checkout they decided to charge me $27.75 for the "resort fee" which I was not informed about when I made the initial reservation. I thought that should have been included in my room price for the night at $255.00.
Overall, I was extremely disappointed in the lack of service from this resort and will not be returning. And the fact that they do not seem to clean the rooms before they allow a guest to come in is just shocking to me

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
This letter is to convey my sincere apology for your recent experience at Lakeway Resort and Spa. I want to take this opportunity to address your concerns and please know they are being addressed with our staff. The hotel check-in time is 4pm as stated on the resort’s website under Resort Policies. We communicate our policies and fees to other booking hotel websites and it is their responsibility to list the resort information. Once a guest arrives, it is our staff’s responsibility to reiterate those policies and fees so our guests are informed from the moment they arrive to the resort. I apologize for any miscommunication and I will take immediate action to correct the situation. The daily resort fee is a hotel standard for the hospitality industry. Some resorts and hotels will list the resort fee as a percentage of a bill. At Lakeway Resort and Spa, our $25 daily fee covers many of our amenities including high speed internet access, complimentary parking, access to the three pool complex and fitness center along with our daily happy hour. The $25 daily resort fee is listed on our website and other booking websites. I apologize for the confusion of your missing wardrobe item and for the new docking stations in our guest rooms. I’ve personally addressed these concerns with our Housekeeping and Engineering staff. All the guest rooms are refreshed on a daily basis and we are very strict of maintaining a high standard of excellence on both cleanliness and competence. Our guest feedback is invaluable as we strive to continually make improvements to the resort. Please know we recognize the severity of the situation and are making the necessary changes to remedy the conditions. I welcome you to contact me directly and I hope we may have an opportunity to win back your business, bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com. Again, I personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Regional Director and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We chose the Lakeway based on tripadvisor and overall we had a great time! We arrived on a Wednesday and were greeted cheerfully by Richard, a kind and friendly man who is the the epitome of the friendly south. He opened doors and always offered a smile and good conversation about the locale and what to experience. The pool and fitness areas were very clean and well maintained. The entire hotel was well appointed and the staff helpful and almost as cheerful as Richard. The room was very clean and updated with modern decor, and a great view. We experienced only minor issues with housekeeping that were quickly rectified and made right. We were not expecting construction during our stay, but overall the inconvenience was minimal and they did slip a note under our door the day of construction activities indicating what would be going on and what was going to be unavailable during our stay. The front desk made the situation right upon checkout thanks to Lester. We will stay again in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you very much for overwhelming positive review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. We sincerely appreciate your compliments to our staff members and I will personally recognize them for going above and beyond to make your stay truly exceptional. We look forward to your return visit to the resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I use to travel to Austin very often and Lakeway Resort is, by far, one of the best hotel in town. Beautiful Room balconny view to the lake, confortable Room, very good food, good infrastructure for business (conference rooms, wi-fi, support). Great option for business events. The only point is that it is that it is not close to anything, malls, etc.. It looks to be good for families, as well, with waterslide, heat pool and kids zone, but I was in a business trip and couldn't experience it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Lakeway Resort and Spa caters to both leisure and business travelers by offering updated guest rooms, renovated meeting spaces and exceptional amenities. The resort is tucked away but a short drive to other restaurants, Hill Country Galleria and other local attractions. We hope you will come back again for both business and pleasure.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Lakeway Resort and Spa does indeed have a spa and resort-like amenities, but I wouldn't rank it with the best. The facility is very dated and the service at the only on-site restaurant was extremely slow, although the food was good. The spa is extremely small and does not have a wet sauna or whirlpool, only a dry sauna. The spa treatments we received were good though and the view from the spa balcony is wonderful. The pool area is nice, has a great adult-only pool area (although it was full of kids and even babies!) and very large hot tub and the kids pool has a great slide. Am attaching a photo of the "view" from our room in hopes that management does something to cover up this eyesore, which is the first thing you see upon entering a room on the non-lake side. Finally, it's important to note how paper thin the room's walls are. We went to bed and woke up hearing a baby crying, as well as numerous other adjoining room noises. I would return, but not at the rates they are currently charging.

Room Tip: Spring for the extra money for lake view. "Hill" views consist of the parking lot and adj...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your candid review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. Although many of our guest reviews are very positive, I apologize you did not receive the service many of our guests experience. We have made many improvements to the resort including new guest rooms and new restaurant. I’ll review your comments with our staff and I hope you will return to the resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My husband and I recently spent our 1st wedding anniversary at Lakeway. It was such a nice and relaxing getaway and all of the staff made our anniversary feel really special. Masterson's steakhouse was yummy and we loved the 3 tiered pool with the swim up bar. Our room was beautiful with a great view of the lake. It's also close to Beecave and Austin for a daytrip. We would definitely return and would highly recommend it for a romantic getaway. Katy at the San Saba spa gave me a wonderful massage and Lester from the front desk was really helpful.

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room. Try to go during the week when you can because it's much less crowded and m...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the resort. I’m so pleased you had an enjoyable romantic getaway for your anniversary. It is our goal to provide superior customer service from the moment our guests arrive to the resort. I’ll pass along your compliments to our staff members and I’d like to personally welcome you back, bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Covina, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend for a family event. This place was absolutely gorgeous and top of the line. The service was impeccable, the ambiance unbeatable, and the views were unmatched. In got a junior suite overlooking the lake, and upon walking in the room and looking below my balcony, what do I see? A deer and her doe. Not to mention the family of deer I let cross the street before arriving at the property. The grounds were very well kept and the Steakhouse was fabulous. I would only come back here when I return to Austin. Good Job Lakeway! You've earned a loyal customer.

Room Tip: Request the balcony with patio. You get some table and chairs instead of just the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We sincerely appreciate the overwhelming positive review of the resort. Thank you for the compliments to our staff, the new guest rooms, restaurant and landscaping around the resort. I’d like to personally welcome you back, please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel is perfect for relaxing and enjoying a weekend of outdoor activities. The hotel staff was great and the rooms were very comfortable. Their pool area is beautiful and has a nice view of the lake.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments to the resort and popular pools with views of the lake. We look forward to your return visit to Lakeway Resort and Spa.

Regional Director and General Manager

Been to Lakeway Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!