“F1 weekend in Austin” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 182 hotels in Austin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“F1 weekend in Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Was in Austin for F1 weekend. Stayed at hotel because friend made reservation. Property is nice and appears recently redone. Service was good. Only negative was distance from events. Getting a cab to town was an adventure. It never showed, for those attending f1 event, it is a hike from the track. Considering the price for the room, I will pass on this property for next years event. It is just too far out. For those wanting to be in this part of town, it is a nice property and I have recognized that in my rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. We appreciate the compliments to the resort and hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

An excellent venue for a vacation, wedding, special event. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and most helpful. The Chef prepares delicious meals. The Resort is set up to handle business conventions of any size with their numerous meeting rooms and a large ballroom set with Lake Travis as a backdrop.

I would highly recommend holding your next event there or just go and enjoy for a vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We appreciate your gracious comments regarding the resort as an exceptional venue. I will pass along your compliments to our staff and our chef. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Erin Randell is amazing and very friendly, as well as the entire service crew. We will see you all next November :) I m so glad my family all made it in from Corpus Chrisit and Houston as well as San Marcos. Everyone must check this hotel out as soon as possible. Great food and wonderful room service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for the compliments of our staff, food service and resort. We appreciate your return business and look forward to seeing you next November.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I had travelled to Houston from the UK and decided to take a trip to Austin with some family. Originally we had booked for two nights but due to a storm that was meant to hit Austin we had called and cancelled the second night. On arrival tried to check in to be told that reservations had cancelled that night! The receptionist apologised and had it sorted in minutes and checked us in early with no problems.
The rooms are large and comfortable but are in need of the refurbishment that is planned very soon. A small point I would make is that the tea and coffee facilities are great but placed at completely the opposite end of the room to the plug socket needed to boil the kettle.
The first evening we arrived back for happy hour with ten minutes to go. The barman was not in the happiest of moods as he had lost his cork screw and he did not mind sharing this with everyone, consequently we had one drink and left. The next night it was a different bar man and we had a pleasant evening out on the deck, enjoying the view and conversation. This area is only used during happy hour from 5-6pm and I think they are missing out on using this area. It would be a lovely spot to have coffee and pastries during the mornings, or a drink later in the evening without going to Mastersons.
As the storm was going to miss Austin we decided to stay the second night. We ate in Mastersons, the choice is confused I feel but the staff are excellent. We asked for Irish coffees and the end of the meal and once we had explained what it was the waitress went off and 15 mins later they arrived and were lovely, the green shamrock on the top in food colouring made us giggle and was a nice touch.
I have to say there is a concierge (an older gentleman) whose name I have to say I have forgotten, but he is wonderful, so friendly and happy to help and who knows the best place for breakfast.
All in all a lovely couple of relaxing days. Thank you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. We encourage all our guests to provide feedback so we may continually improve our guest experience. I will review your comments with our staff and I would like to personally invite you back to stay at the resort. Please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had my wedding at Lakeway Resort & Spa this past September and had the best experience. I arrived with my bridesmaids the evening before the wedding and stayed in the LBJ suite, which was amazing. It was the perfect space for us to get ready in the day of the wedding and had everything we needed for the day of and night before.

Katie Brinkman, the Director of Catering at Lakeway, was my coordinator and she made sure I was well taken care of throughout my entire wedding weekend, down to every last detail. Mike Heyse, who is in charge of AV at the resort, was also wonderful to work with!

I would recommend this location to any bride!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your wonderful wedding experience at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We're pleased you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our staff. We hope you will return for many more years!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything was great and the staff were ready to accommodate any request. Other reviews talk about no mini fridge or microwave. All we had to do was ask and within minutes, both were set up in our room. The food was great and we had room service multiple times. The pool area was absolutely beautiful and clean as well. If you have the privilege to meet Richard in valet, consider yourself lucky. He is well informed on the area and as friendly as they come. We loved meeting him and cannot wait to see him again on our visits in the future. My only issue our entire stay was with the spa staff. We are huge spa-goers and would have loved to treat ourselves to massages, manis, pedis, and facials and unfortunately I found the spa staff cold and uninviting. My husband complained and I was given a hand written card offering 10% off of spa services but did not take them up on the offer. Friendliness and common courtesy ie: saying a simple "Hello" go a long way in my book and I will have our spa needs met elsewhere. Otherwise, the hotel is breathtaking as well as affordable and exceeded our expectations. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We appreciate the compliments to the resort and to our staff. I’m pleased to read Richard accommodated your needs and stood out for his service. I will share your review with our spa staff and we look forward to your return visit.

Pearland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay! Only wish it was more than 1 night! The pool area was very nice with good options for couples and families. We were there in the fall and they had a fire going in the fire pit next to the pool that evening, great surprise! The accommodations were great and the bed was very comfortable. We had great service from Richard and the front desk staff. My only negative was that the bathroom in particular is probably due for an update, but still completely functional. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a nice view!