“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I had travelled to Houston from the UK and decided to take a trip to Austin with some family. Originally we had booked for two nights but due to a storm that was meant to hit Austin we had called and cancelled the second night. On arrival tried to check in to be told that reservations had cancelled that night! The receptionist apologised and had it sorted in minutes and checked us in early with no problems.
The rooms are large and comfortable but are in need of the refurbishment that is planned very soon. A small point I would make is that the tea and coffee facilities are great but placed at completely the opposite end of the room to the plug socket needed to boil the kettle.
The first evening we arrived back for happy hour with ten minutes to go. The barman was not in the happiest of moods as he had lost his cork screw and he did not mind sharing this with everyone, consequently we had one drink and left. The next night it was a different bar man and we had a pleasant evening out on the deck, enjoying the view and conversation. This area is only used during happy hour from 5-6pm and I think they are missing out on using this area. It would be a lovely spot to have coffee and pastries during the mornings, or a drink later in the evening without going to Mastersons.
As the storm was going to miss Austin we decided to stay the second night. We ate in Mastersons, the choice is confused I feel but the staff are excellent. We asked for Irish coffees and the end of the meal and once we had explained what it was the waitress went off and 15 mins later they arrived and were lovely, the green shamrock on the top in food colouring made us giggle and was a nice touch.
I have to say there is a concierge (an older gentleman) whose name I have to say I have forgotten, but he is wonderful, so friendly and happy to help and who knows the best place for breakfast.
All in all a lovely couple of relaxing days. Thank you.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. We encourage all our guests to provide feedback so we may continually improve our guest experience. I will review your comments with our staff and I would like to personally invite you back to stay at the resort. Please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Regional Director and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had my wedding at Lakeway Resort & Spa this past September and had the best experience. I arrived with my bridesmaids the evening before the wedding and stayed in the LBJ suite, which was amazing. It was the perfect space for us to get ready in the day of the wedding and had everything we needed for the day of and night before.

Katie Brinkman, the Director of Catering at Lakeway, was my coordinator and she made sure I was well taken care of throughout my entire wedding weekend, down to every last detail. Mike Heyse, who is in charge of AV at the resort, was also wonderful to work with!

I would recommend this location to any bride!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your wonderful wedding experience at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We're pleased you enjoyed our resort amenities and excellent service by our staff. We hope you will return for many more years!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything was great and the staff were ready to accommodate any request. Other reviews talk about no mini fridge or microwave. All we had to do was ask and within minutes, both were set up in our room. The food was great and we had room service multiple times. The pool area was absolutely beautiful and clean as well. If you have the privilege to meet Richard in valet, consider yourself lucky. He is well informed on the area and as friendly as they come. We loved meeting him and cannot wait to see him again on our visits in the future. My only issue our entire stay was with the spa staff. We are huge spa-goers and would have loved to treat ourselves to massages, manis, pedis, and facials and unfortunately I found the spa staff cold and uninviting. My husband complained and I was given a hand written card offering 10% off of spa services but did not take them up on the offer. Friendliness and common courtesy ie: saying a simple "Hello" go a long way in my book and I will have our spa needs met elsewhere. Otherwise, the hotel is breathtaking as well as affordable and exceeded our expectations. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Lakeway Resort and Spa. We appreciate the compliments to the resort and to our staff. I’m pleased to read Richard accommodated your needs and stood out for his service. I will share your review with our spa staff and we look forward to your return visit.

Pearland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay! Only wish it was more than 1 night! The pool area was very nice with good options for couples and families. We were there in the fall and they had a fire going in the fire pit next to the pool that evening, great surprise! The accommodations were great and the bed was very comfortable. We had great service from Richard and the front desk staff. My only negative was that the bathroom in particular is probably due for an update, but still completely functional. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a nice view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay. We appreciate the compliments to the resort, the pool complex & fire pit and our staff. We will update the guest rooms including the bathroom later this year and we look forward to your return visit.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel and restaurant staff were very friendly willing to help with any thing you needed. Francis
is a very friendly and helpful host.
It was nice to have the Restaurant on the premises for convenient dinners and breakfast...very tranquil, relaxing setting.
The Jr. Suite was just perfect and the view magnificent! Coming down from Alaska, the heated pools were just a bonus as well!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for the compliments to the resort and Masterson’s Steakhouse. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant and the friendly staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Wheeling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located on a scenic waterway for recreational boating, spectacular pools with water slide and water polo areas, accommodating spa with body message and private lockers, four star restaurant, adequate parking, and large -- over-sized -- rooms with a view of Lake Travis. Staff was friendly, accommodations were clean and the happy hour each evening was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Definitely request a lake view room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for the incredible review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed our popular resort amenities including the pools, San Saba Spa and Masterson’s. I will pass along your compliments to our staff and I’d like to personally invite you back to the resort. Please contact me at bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been fighting throat cancer for over 6 months now (chemo & radiation). I am thru with all the sessions and now recovering. God has blessed me well to get this far. Last week as was able to get to the Texas coast for 6 days and had a great time. I had to leave my wife at home because she was working. This week she had off and was going to meet me at the coast, fishing was not to good so she told me to come home. She wanted to go to Austin for 2 days. She looked on line and found Lakeway resorts and the price was right so she booked it. We drove to Austin with ease and found the resort with no problem. The first pleasant ordeal was the valet that met me when we drove in an elderly gentleman, I told him my story and we both agreed that God was taking care of both of us ( he had 5 stints put in last year as is doing well and loves working for this resort). My wife checked in with ease and also we checked in early. They told us about the beer and wine party on floor #3 and that was exciting for both of us. The first thing we did was admire the views and then with this great Texas weather we decided to take a dip in the pools. The heated pools were fabulous and the hot tub was an extra bonus but what a view. Everybody (staff) we talked to was just great, courteous, kind and answered every question. At 5 we went to the little party and that was great bartender was super. (This was the first alcoholic beverage I have had in 8 months and it was tasty) I had to take a picture of the beer over looking the great view of the lake in the back ground and send it to friends. Rooms were spacious and very comfy, next time we will go for a lake view, there's something about Texas and being on the water. Austin had severe weather last night but it did not effect anything. This morning I got a cup of complimentary coffee and Austin paper and sat on the back porch on the 3rd floor and enjoyed the fantastic view and great weather. Everybody ( staff) I ran into on my way to the porch had a smile on their face and told me good morning. Check out was very easy I was helped by a manager and a staff member, the experience was pleasant. I can not say enough about the experience and the staff members, one word excellent. I will be telling my friends and family about the resort. We are already planning our next stay at Lakeway resorts. I guess I have another word fabulous. We did not have a chance to visit the resturaunt, but heard great things about it from other guest. That was another thing your guest are wonderful too, everybody was so nice and wanted to share their stories too. Just a testament to y'all. Can't wait to visit again. Thank you. Mark W. Henke

Room Tip: book a lake view and go during the week.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are overwhelmed by your review of the resort. Thank you very much for your kind words of our staff and management. It is our goal to provide superior customer service to all our guests and it is such a pleasure to read your positive feedback. We welcome you and your wife back anytime. Please email me so I may personally thank you bkisker@lakewayresortandspa.com.

Regional Director and General Manager

Been to Lakeway Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!