“Great spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 186 Hotels in Austin
Victoria, Texas
“Great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I choose this location because of distance from downtown and what's around it (soco, & other spots) though out Austin.

PROS:
cheap but not too cheap,
Staff friendly and understanding,
Security on site, roving patrol,
Room well kept/clean....beds comfy,
ONE WAY $5 shuttle to downtown,
$5 per-person,
ONE WAY $5 shuttle to the hotel,
Drop off & pick up at (5th,Trinity st.),

CONS:
Limited parking,
Needs more ice points,
Couple more towels in the room

Basically if you need a place to stay and don't want drive dwntwn. This is it ! No complaints at all, this is for party goers and NOT FOR LUXURY STAY.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

They were very nice, but tv didn't work right, they didn't come and give us new towels, change trash, etc. after first night. The carpet is in need of a good cleaning. It was very cheap which is great on a budget, but I do remember when LaQuinta's were more up to date and you got more bang for your buck! They need a bit of updating!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Midland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

They could never get the cable to work for 4 days. Told I would get a discount on the bill for this, but got none. Manager promised me a large discount for the room because they could not get this fixed, but when I checked out there was no record on a discount being added. So she gave me a little $20 discount for the inconvenience. This was not like the service I have had at any of the other La Quintas I have stayed at. It was close to where I was having meetings and that was great, but the lack of service and the noise make it hard for me to want to stay at this one again. The breakfast area was very disorganized and there was very limited seating to eat breakfast at. Also, the supplies for breakfast were low, such as the OJ and eggs. The other La Quintas I have stayed at had nice large areas for breakfast and had at least one person on duty who took care of the breakfast area. So, overall this could be a nice place to stay but they are going to need to work on some of their service offered.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife and I returned to this property in spite of the bad reviews because we had stayed here before and had an idea what to expect, in that it is an older property. The front desk staff were friendly and checked us in quickly. Our ADA room (just off the elevator) was clean and comfortable. We stayed for 3 nights (July 11, 12, 13) and had no issues with problems like those noted in other reviews (i.e.; loud music, stained sheets, misassigned rooms, etc.). The a/c functioned well and we had no issues to bring to the attention of the staff. It was a nice comfortable stay and we will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Durant, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We came to Austin for a friends wedding. They booked us at la quinta, and I was ok with it because la quinta has a great rep in oklahoma. One; no good parking. It was a pain to park!! Two; the first room we got had standing water in the bath tub and blood on the sheets.. small spots but still blood. So they switxhed us rooms. We thought we were good in this new room until this morning. I was about to sit on my bed and noticed BLOOD again!!! This time on 3 separate pieces!!!! I asked the housekeeping manager if she could give me new bedset and she did. Thw only good thing I have to say about this place is that the lady up front and the housekeeping manager were sweet and quickly handled the issue.. however, I refuse to stay at la quinta again. Also, the mexican food restaurant next door, is awful. Hostess didnt speak english and the food received was still frozen on the inside!!! Overall; I do not like Austin and will never come back. Atleast not to this side of it.

• Stayed July 2014
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just there for 20 minutes and it was the worst experience ever,front desk gave me a key to a suite because Im a Elite member,and I walked in on two people doing it!!!Went back to the front desk raising hell and they gave me another key, then my wife and i moved our car and could not get in the doors, went back to front, given new keys to a room that was bad ordered by the maintence guy. Went back to the front desk raising more hell and they gave us a room that the dead lock did'nt work and water was dripping from the second floor and the bed sheets were stained. I highly recommend never to stay there!!! We checked out asap and went down the street.Its a circus there.

Room Tip: We ended up staying at a different location! That would be your best bet!!!