“worst place ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Humble, Texas
“worst place ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Just there for 20 minutes and it was the worst experience ever,front desk gave me a key to a suite because Im a Elite member,and I walked in on two people doing it!!!Went back to the front desk raising hell and they gave me another key, then my wife and i moved our car and could not get in the doors, went back to front, given new keys to a room that was bad ordered by the maintence guy. Went back to the front desk raising more hell and they gave us a room that the dead lock did'nt work and water was dripping from the second floor and the bed sheets were stained. I highly recommend never to stay there!!! We checked out asap and went down the street.Its a circus there.

Room Tip: We ended up staying at a different location! That would be your best bet!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The accommodations were perfect for the price. The front desk clerk was very knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. When I needed anything and asked for it from the front desk there was no hesitation from the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was horrified at the deplorable condition of this worn out property. It was the worst LQ experience I have ever had. The first room was stinky, a/c not functioning & wet carpet (from a recent shampoo or leaking pipe.
I have stayed at numerous LQ's throughout the country because I have a companion animal. Most LQ's were lovely, while others were old, redos. But this redo-property was the absolute worst. I do not understand how it can carry the LQ flag. LQ needs to use a rating system so customers can be advised which type of LQ they are going to encounter. The room rate does not give an accurate account re quality. I was charged a $100. for a room that should have been in the low $60. range.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Shame on me .. tried to save a few bucks and should have known better. Doesn't deserve a single star .. I did NOT check tripadvisor .. booked on the phone .. shame on me again. Booked for 2 nghts one will do. Rap blaring from the pool .. cigarette butts all over the place .. broken toilet seat .. how many bad things can I say. Always nervous about this brand and this proves it is not worth the risk. I saved about $60 and just not worth it.

Room Tip: IF you absolutely positively HAVE to stay here get a room in the back .. AVOID the pool .. and LOCK...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Let me start off with the positives.... although not located in a great area, the location is perfect as no matter what you want to do in Austin, you'll find it's only 10 minutes away. The hotel is easily accessible off the highway, making getting around Austin a breeze. The staff at the hotel was amazing. They were warm, funny, knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. They always had a smile on their face.

The negatives? Well, being that it was a great rate for where we were staying, I didn't expect much. However, what got me was that the hotel room itself wasn't that clean. The shower curtain was dirty, there was mold growing on the inside of the shower, there was cobwebs and general dirt on the walls, etc.... The breakfast was also horrible. We got down with over 30 minutes left and there were only 2 muffins left. There was no milk left but luckily we asked and they put a container full back in. It was just lacking. I do have to mention that the pool was nice, however, the towels they provided you at the pool were all stained and just disgusting. You didn't want to even use them afterward. It was gross. Lastly, all the coke machines were out of order. It's not fun when you have to dose your kiddos some nighttime meds and don't have anything to wash it down with. I found myself having to run out in my P.J.'s to a drive thru to get some refreshments. If you asked me if I would stay there again, I would have to say no. There are just too many other places to stay in the area. I guess staying long term in a La Quinta in Fort Worth ruined me as it was an amazing place and set the bar high.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf? Share your experiences!