“We will definitely be back!!!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1603 E Oltorf Blvd, Austin, TX 78741 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #164 of 187 Hotels in Austin
El Paso, Texas
“We will definitely be back!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The hotel is a bit dated, but we found it to be very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was quiet and clean. The beds were VERY comfortable. The location is excellent for us (i.e.; close to family, friends, and attractions). There is easy accessibility to and from I-35. The Continental Breakfast was tasty, satisfying, and filling. This was our second stay at this facility and when we need to return to Austin we will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Long hairs on dirty bathroom floor, dogs swimming in the pool, front desk does not answer telephone, doors that won't lock, debris everywhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is the worst place ever. I'm only here one night thankfully. There is bugs, chewed up base boards from dogs, flaking paint on the ceilings and walls, carpet so dirty my clean socks were black on the bottom when I took them off from walking around the room. The toilet seat had dried pee on it still....they hadn't cleaned it at all. I tried calling the front desk and nobody answered. I walked up there, the TV was on and nobody was in the office. I stood there 15 mins and left, nobody still. The lobby smells like pot. The black dude at the counter when I checked in was rude, and wouldn't even look at you. All in all, I wouldn't take a homeless person off the street to stay here... THEY even deserve better... and would expect better.

GAG... I can't beleive I have to go to sleep here. NASTY... well wish me luck. Hope I don't wake up to bed bugs or crabs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fountain Hills, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't wait to get out of there. Every day our room key had to be re-programed and never once were we asked for any identification. All we had to do was give a room number. Anyone could have come into our room.
Also agree with previous post regarding music in the homes behind the hotel. Rap music was playing so loud that the air conditioning unit nor the tv could drown it out.
Our traveling companion's car was broken into that same night with items stolen from the console. We are convinced the music drowned out the noise of the broken glass. When the break in was reported to the front desk we were told to call the police. They didn't seemed concerned at all. When we asked about the security cameras at the area we were told only the police or manager could view them. But they never offered to have that done.
When we arrived there was rotting food on the steps, sidewalks and by trash cans.
Outside of our room there was a dead baby bird. We asked repeatedly to have it removed as it was attracting flies. This was not done until our final day.
The buildings are in major need of repair. I would advise La Quinta to do some investigating and pull this owner's franchise.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The room was clean and basic & everything was in working order. La Quinta has a free breakfast including cereal, toast, yogurt juice, fruit,muffins and coffee. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Location is off the main highway. Not much around but a few gas stations and fast food restaurants. The hotel is about 3 miles from downtown. It's an older building with the rooms on the outside of the building. If you are looking for a place to stay in the area this motel is fine choice. I have posted a bunch of pictures so you can judge for yourself

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a flight & hotel package, so I really can't complain for the price I paid. There were a few minor issues that I wanted to mention. The room was generally clean (though the hotel could certainly use a fresh coat of paint and some renovations) except there were a few hairs left in the shower. Not a big deal in the larger scheme of things. The major issue I had was that my room had a connecting door and through that or through the very thin walls I was able to hear crystal-clearly my (noisy) neighbors at all hours of th night. Once I was up from that I could also hear the street traffic pretty clearly (the room doors open to the outside), even though my room was one of the most protected from the street. On the plus side I found the staff very friendly every time I needed something and the free breakfast was very good (muffins, fruit, make your own waffles, cereal, etc.).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Akron Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed here for ACL. A mile walk to SOCO, but you have to cross a highway. The staff are wonderful. Rates were pretty good, but I have had better from La Quinta in the past. Will definitely stay here again for the half marathon in February. Hotel was clean, plenty of parking, we got a great night's sleep. Best deal you can get that includes free internet AND breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Austin Oltorf? Share your experiences!