“TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin - Midtown

You added Motel 6 Austin - Midtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin - Midtown
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   7100 North I-35, Austin, TX 78752 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Austin North) (St. Johns)   |
Ranked #173 of 188 Hotels in Austin
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

The worst place I've ever been too. Toilets were clogged. Towels and wash clothes are dirty, dust in closets, under renovation, checked in at night was not informed of it. Wouldn't let me use bathroom in main entrance when I informed them my toilet was clogged. Unfriendly Staff. Had a bad interaction with Neeley and was told that they'll talk to her that she's pregnant and it's her hormones. Excuses and no remedies except 10% off my weekly stay. Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Although the hotel was under renovation it was still an enjoyable night off the road...and a great rest. Our A/C unit was on the fritz and like a F1 pit stop crew the team from the hotel came in and replaced it with a whole new unit in record time to ensure we were cool and comfortable all night long. Pria at the front desk did an incredible job of making us feel welcome and helping with our special requests.

Room Tip: They all seem to be great with new paint and amenities throughout the entire property.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Gadsden, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Room was clean and roomy. There were bugs in all rooms . We had 3 rooms reserved and were told the pool would be functional and was not. some dispute with the owner and the city. the owners were very friendly and I believe had just purchased the property so not entirely their fault . they did in fact re-imburse half the cost of our stay. very polite. Oh yeah i nearly forgot people actually lived there and paid a sort of rent and lots of vagrants panhandeling

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

A previous Motel 6 experience left me a bit leery of trying them again - but I needed to be in town one extra night and refused to stay at the other location any longer. Check in was quick, staff had their hands full - but were all very courteous, room size was nice.. and (most importantly for me) pet friendly. Quick stay - and there were some questionable activity going on outside - but overall a good experience. I'd return back for my future appointments in Austin.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Garland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

To keep it short-I booked 4 rooms for 2 nights for a school district sponsored trip with 4 families. Six children were competing in a state competition. When we entered our rooms all 4 families were greeted by the smell of covered up cigarette smoke. One room had no lights except the one in the bathroom. One room, honestly, had no toilet tissue in the bathroom. Walls in all the rooms were dirty and smudged. The carpet had stains all over it and we're sticky when you walked on them. Mold in the showers etc. Now the best part- there were prostitutes on the upper balcony with their pimps and johns hanging out in the parking lot-an eye opener for our 12-15 year olds. And the topper- a syringe on the edge of the pool. Luckily the pool was closed but the syringe was in plain view from our room. We were stuck no other rooms available this weekend or we would have moved. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

That turned out to be the worst experience that I’ve ever had in a hotel.

For starters, when I booked the place it was called the Baymont Inn, and it seemed nice on pics. They were charging me about $700 for 9 days, which seemed reasonable. When I got there, the name had changed to a Motel 6 (but Booking.com never warned me), and it was a complete mess.

I had tried to request an early check in and they denied it, and they even said they couldn't store my bags. I had to pay an extra night so I would have a place to put my bags. But surprise: The price was without city taxes, so the whole thing ended up adding to almost $1,100, which is not okay for that kind of hotel.

When I got there, their credit card machine didn’t work, which resulted in me having to pay for part of my stay in debit.

They put in the first floor and there were people walking and laughing in front of my room door until 3AM on my first night there, their air conditioner kept turning on and off in the middle of the night, scaring and bothering me with the noise, there was hair in the sink and in the bed, proving that the room hadn’t been cleaned properly before I got there, and I found 3 spiders in just one day.

Also, I needed Wi-Fi for work and they said they had it, but, surprise(!), it didn't work, obviously.

One day in that hotel and I knew I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I asked for a partial refund, which they gave me, and went to a nicer hotel across the street.

Now, I’m looking at my credit card statement and guess what? They charged an extra $137 when I left, without me authorizing that transaction, because I had already paid about $400 in debit (they gave me a refund of about $200).

I’m not a very demanding person as for comfort, I usually book cheap hotels and I’ve stayed in many hostels and bed and breakfasts in my life. But, honestly, I had never stayed in a worse hotel than that.

If you read other reviews in this page you'll see a lot of people had similar problems. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Clifton, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Now, this is a Motel 6-- they said about 2 months-- was Baymont before. Sheets were not changed from previous occupant. Asked for fresh sheets second day there and got them. Room not cleaned the third day. Upon checkout, several others in lobby said same-- room not cleaned. Desk clerk said there were 7 people cleaning rooms. Toilet bowl had mildew-- hundreds of spots, I hoped it was rust- I cleaned it on 2nd day. It was mildew! At checkout, another person said he bought cleaning supplies and cleaned his mildewed toilet. Desk clerk said manager was out for 2 days-- until Monday. This was a Saturday of SXSW -- the busiest weekend of the year(?) charging $120 for a $50 room. Who leaves on that busy a weekend? Terrible wifi connection -- had 1 day of service of 4 days. TERRIBLE stay.WORST motel stay ever-- I am frugal-- stay in cheaper motels. This was neglect! Who leaves all rooms uncleaned and does not clean toilets BEFORE the mildew makes hundreds of match head sized spots-- that takes days of not being cleaned! BBB will get this same report. Picture of the toilet is attached below.

Room Tip: Run away from this horribly managed motel. (I have many TripAdvisor reviews & 99% are positive.)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Austin - Midtown? Share your experiences!