“Great price, mostly clean and everything worked.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Austin - Midtown

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Austin - Midtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Austin - Midtown
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   7100 North I-35, Austin, TX 78752 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Austin North) (St. Johns)   |
Ranked #169 of 183 hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Great price, mostly clean and everything worked.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I'm not going to say this is a fancy place but it is hard to beat this deal on a budget motel. Decent location near the highway but you can't hear the highway noise. The internet and cable work and it is a nice TV. The maids did their job and nothing disappeared from our room. The rooms have exterior doors and you can park by your room. I found the front desk staff extremely nice and accommodating. Really the only negatives were that our non-smoking room smelled slightly of smoke, the bathtub did not drain well, and the breakfast was marginal at best. But hey, it was free coffee and if you stick to the peanut butter and bread (for the kids) and oatmeal for the adults you'll be just fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I recently stayed at the Baymont Inn in Austin and would have left if it hadn't been late when
I checked in. The hotel looks as though nothing had been replaced or been repainted in the last twenty years. The tub was gray, mattress and dust ruffle stained, walls were paper thin and the neighborhood run-down. The manager seemed totally uninterested in my complaints, and a complaint to the Wyndham Hotel group did not result in the promised contact from the Baymont's general manager. I doubt if I will ever stay in another Baymont Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

This One Sweet Inexpensive Hotel. It's immaculate and a pretty good breakfast is included.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor because it's pretty tough for seniors to carry luggage up steps.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

I visited this crap hole with my family. If the kids weren't so tired I'd never stayed until morning! Bath was nasty and water trapped under the plastic tube it a hazard. The water pushes up the tub, like standing on a waterbed. Very dangerous!!! The water that gushes up when you stand in the tub is putrid. Had to put a towel at the door to avoid the odor. Never again.

• Stayed September 2011
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here for so many reasons. One the desk clerk was very welcoming. Continental Breakfast was filling. They had boiled eggs, frozen waffles, frozen french toast, pasteries, juices, coffee and fruit.
The beds were so comfortable and clean rooms. The poolside was clean and shady areas to sit.

Everything in walking distance. The Galaxy theater, Shanghi Chinese Restaurant (excellent Chinese cuisine), plus a convenient store right near the hotel. If you could walk 3 blocks there was also an Office Depot and Jerry's Artarama store. I noticed Indian restaurant nearby too.

This hotel is close to a highway intersection and although it was close to a highway we never heard traffic noise. There is a Burger King right across the highway. There was also another center near the Walmart (down the street where the BK is), They had Subway, Payless, and even Goodwill Store. BTW, the goodwill had a computer museum.

The only cons I had was our TV needed to be adjusted and the ice machine near our room was not functioning. However, they did have their ice machines at other locations at the hotel up and functioning.

Room Tip: Hotel is conveniently located.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We got there 10:30pm, just needed a room to spend the night and off to UT the next morning. Room is clean, a little musty smell. Our room is facing Denny's and no problem with noise form parking.
The next morning we went to breakfast at 7:45 and they ran out of boiled eggs and OJ. It was just a basic continental bkft.
At check out they charged us $5 extra and I've to call Wyndham reservation agent to talk to the front desk staff to redo the bill.
Overall is ok for a butget motel, $50/nite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This review is for a stay during the end of June, 2011 to the start of July.

The front desk hotel staff was very friendly and nice, and after a long, hot day in the car, this was a welcoming experience.

We knew this was a budget motel and didn't expect that much. The room was nice, clean and seemed adequate. There was a microwave and refrigerator which was very convenient. The amenities included some nice and handy toiletries.

We immediately reported a hole in the wall from the door so that we would not be charged for it.

The Denny's next door was a good one; It gets busy in the morning, so be prepared if you plan on having breakfast there. Later in the day it was empty when I went in to get an early dinner to go. The staff there was really cool, too, pointing out that I could get a free breakfast slam just for completing the receipt survey online or by phone (which I did). There are several convenience stores nearby, right across the street. One is connected to a gas station, while the other is a small market that has gallon water and other handy things that someone traveling might need. However, it is in a very seedy strip center and I would not recommend going there after dark by yourself, especially if you are a woman.

After one day, I noticed many vagrants hanging around the area, which may be why the main motel front door was locked so early in the day. Overall, the area did not seem very safe. We stayed a few days and then decided to leave after a man entered our room with a room key at around 7:20 am that morning while we were still in our beds. Front desk had no idea why the man entered our room and offered no explanation. The next day, right after we left, we noticed that we had been bitten by bed bugs. We did not report the bed bugs as we had already left when we discovered the bites.

We filled out the survey they sent us and reported the entry into the room and bed bugs. We also asked for a refund due to our experience. I will update this review if that happens. I am still itching as I write this, so if you are planning a stay here, you'd better check the room for bed bugs first! I just pray that I was able to wash out whatever I brought back home with me in time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Austin - Midtown? Share your experiences!