“South Austin LQ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Cibolo, Texas
“South Austin LQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

On business for a evening. Nice clean comfortable. Room and bath room was clean too. TV was good. Bed was clean and comfortable. Towels thin but clean. could use some upgrading for sure. Would stay again good value.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ended up staying here through a "name your price" option and at first was a little leery, but ended up being pleasantly surprised. Though it couldn't be guaranteed with my type of reservation, I called the hotel and requested a non-smoking room which I got with no problem. Check in and out was very easy, and the desk clerk was pleasant. Room was very clean, good size and the bedding looked new and fresh. Got lots of channels on the TV as well. Only complaints were that the bathroom was very small and didn't have a fan so it was like a sauna after a shower, towels were small and thin, and the HVAC unit was right next to one of the double beds and blew directly on it. Pool looked decent but we didn't have time to use it. Very short drive to the airport, and a 24 hour IHOP right next door. Place is not fancy, but is very nice for what it is and we'd stay here again when traveling on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We reserved a couple of rooms for a Saturday night so that I could spend a night in Austin for my birthday with my husband and some friends. There was a home game that night so needless to say, a lot of rooms were booked at hotels closer to downtown. Ended up picking this hotel based on price and location. Was only about a $15 cab fare to downtown- not too bad. You pretty much get what you pay for. This hotel was right off 35 which was convenient for our purposes. There was some late night traffic around the hotel you could hear, but once I was asleep I slept well! Bed was decent... had an in-room AC unit that you could crank down which my husband always appreciates. Check out at 12 is nice for people that like to sleep in. At the end of the day, it is a decent place to rest your head for one night, versus paying over $250 for a hotel in downtown (where you also usually have to pay to park..). I'd stay here again if I needed to!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I had stayed at this hotel last year and found it was decent. It is a motel-style place, with the rooms opening to the outdoors. It is clean, but in serious need of an update as it looks very old and run-down.

HOWEVER, we chose to stay here again a week ago, and this time they lost our reservation and we ended up with a smoking room. Not impressed! We were there for a wedding and we were really worried our expensive formal clothes would be ruined by the smoke smell. As soon as we opened the door we were practically knocked over by the smell of stale smoke and overpowering air freshener. It was Halloween weekend so unfortunately we didn't have a choice but to stay there. The room was clean, but dated (and smelly!). Also, the room was oddly laid out so that the TV was off to the side of the bed at an angle. It was only once we went to sleep that the problems really started. There is NO soundproofing at all in this hotel and when our neighbors arrived back to their room at 3 am and proceeded to have an hours long conversation, we could hear EVERY word! They were still chatting away when I got up at 5:30AM to go for a run. Ugh. We spoke to the front desk later the next morning and they told us they would try to switch us to a non-smoking room for that evening but no promises. That never happened. When we went to sleep on night # 2 were once again woken up by our neighbors - this time to the sound of some x-rated activities!

Pros: close to downtown, inexpensive, relatively clean, free breakfast

Cons: lost room reservation, disgusting smoking rooms, no sound-proofing, horribly run front-desk that offered us no recourse for their mistake, and the worst water pressure I have ever encountered in a hotel shower

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35? Share your experiences!