“Pleased with our choice” 3 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4200 I-35 South, Austin, TX 78745-1202   |
Ranked #117 of 187 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Easy access to airport, downtown. Miss eggs and bacon for b-fast, but you really can't complain about their Continental. Nice comfy pillows and mattresses. they've put in new, big widescreen HDTVs, nice to wind down with. Visiting Austin -- give this LQ a try.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The rooms look clean, but since the building is old and not up to date it makes it feel dirty. I think its time to remodel his hotel. The bed was soo uncomfortable, it was old and it had a big dip in the center of it, and does not fit two people. Our room was near the pool,and got woken up by the guy that cleans the pool early in the morning. And there was alot of noise during the night that made it hard to sleep, plus the alarm of our truck went off twice, they did not have security or a night guard. I did not enjoy my stay,the pictures online look,nothing like the actual place. I will not be staying her again. I dont recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Cheapest (but not that cheap) available room on our way north after a day at Schlitterbahn. Clean room, friendly staff, but limited breakfast options (no waffles...possibly because of iHop next door). Room layout was unique, but plenty of space and everything worked.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This La Quinta was ok for a two night stay in Austin but I probably would not go back. The staff was excellent and addressed me by name. They were helpful and courteous our entire stay. Breakfast was decent and consisted of bagels, cereal, muffins and yogurt.

The downside of this hotel really was the cleanliness. We stayed on the pet friendly side ( They charge no pet fee which was a plus) and the carpet was pretty gross. They may shampoo it after guests with pets leave. It felt sticky. I did ask if they had another room but they had none that were convinent so we kept the room we had.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 8/19/2012-08/21/2012. It was so disgusting! I had woken up with bites all over my stomach. I was very nice when i went to the front office and said i wasnt accusing them of bed bugs but there is something biting me. i showed them the bites. but by her reaction she seemed like this happens all of the time. cause she didnt seem concerned to say the least. So she goes to inspect the bed....and She Finds FLEAS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was disgusted! She offers to of course swith my room. and only comps me $30. Which wasnt good enough considering that i left a whole day earlier cause of just being disgusted by the whole situation. Not To mention the bugs had got into my luggage or clothes cause I return home and a day later im having to treat my Apt for bugs! staying here was a Nightmare!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Austin South / IH35? Share your experiences!