We stayed here Sun-Wed of this week. It was the hub's b-day, so we booked a Balcony room. We were hoping to be upgraded to a suite, but that didn't happen. :-( They did give us 4 free drink coupons at the bar tho...
Our "first" room was 1602. It was a very average hotel room, great view out the floor to ceiling of Town Lake & downtown Austin, wall to wall windows. The balcony door was loose & there was a simple slide lock on the door. The balcony is about 4 ft deep & the width of the room. There are concrete dividers between the rooms, which make it somewhat private, but all one has to do is lean over the railing & look into other balconies. There were two chairs & a small glass top table.
We learned very quickly that our neighbors (we had a connecting door) we VERY LOUD. There were several people there and a child. We could hear EVERY word they said thru the door. They were laughing & carrying on so, that we went downstaris & told the desk clerk. He promptly moved us to another room.... 1610. This room was identical to the other in every way, except no connecting door. It was much quieter tho. :-)
The room & bathroom was clean, the bed comfy. But the room decor is tired, the furniture out of date, and the wallpaper was dull & peeling in several places. The rooms need a complete make-over. There is evidence that that will soon be underway.
There is construction in front of the hotel, but it didn't hinder us in any way.
The pool is a saltwater pool, Clean & clear. The pool desperately needs to be redone. The concrete was missing between the pool & the coping in many places. You can only hear the music (which was nice) if you sit close to the main building.... if you go to the other end (away from all the kids)... you can't even hear it. (I brought my iPod the second day).
We were able to see the Bats fly from the Congress St Bridge from our balcony, that was cool!
The public areas are nice & there is plenty of room to hang. Great patio, too.
Self Parking is $17 per night + Tax (although it states it's $14 online) and Valet was $24 per night + tax ($21 online).
We paid a premium price for this hotel & I don't mind it as long as I feel I am getting something special...this hotel was not anything special.
We have decided we won't stay here again until they have refurrbed it. It's too old & outdated to charge the price they charge.... You are only paying for the location.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Austin Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.