“Very Nice Property” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stephenville, Texas
“Very Nice Property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an atrium hotel and one of the nicest I've seen. The view up the elevator is astounding. Spent two nights here and the hotel was completely booked but the staff were on the ball and there were no major problems. Oddly you can get a king bed or two double beds in your room. The rooms were otherwise quite nice and well appointed. Housekeeping was very tedious in cleaning the room and reseting all the items each day. The do not disturb / make room is a button you bush that displays a red or green light on your room. When you leave you push the make room button for a green light to let house keeping know you are gone then you can push the DND button for a red light. No idea if its tied electronically to anything else.

The lounge/bar area is quite large with a big patio area. Sadly the bar closes at 12. The workout area is very large and well appointed with citrus water and towels in a small fridge. They constructing a parking garage on one side of the hotel so parking was limited and there was some construction noise. Taxis are always standing by and its 10-15 to get to 6th street.

Look forward to returning there in July for a conference.

Room Tip: Its basically a triangle layout with northside facing the lake and downtown Austin.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This Hyatt is a very nicely designed and maintained hotel with a friendly staff. My room overlooked a construction project but the noise wasn't bad and they did provide earplugs if I needed them, which I didn't. Because of the construction the Internet was free, nice!

The first night I decided to walk over to 6th street to meet a buddy for dinner. I's a healthy walk but I made it safely both ways.

No complaints at all.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel will be my choice for future stays in Austin. Rates are reasonable and it is located right on the lake. We were there in November and thought that we had missed the bat viewing season. One evening my friend looked out of our window and saw a crowd congregating on the bridge. We walked over and got to see the bats!
The hotel beds and pillows are very comfortable, housekeeping is very efficient, and the front desk staff and concierge were very helpful. Stay here when you are in Austin and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband treated me to a trip to Austin and we stayed for two days in this hotel. May I just say that the service was impeccable? I have never reviewed a simple hotel but the staff's attention to detail and kindness was amazing.

Their parking lot or something was under construction while we were there but there was still plenty of self-parking ($17/day) and when they ran out, they allowed us to valet for no extra fee. When the maid cleaned our room, she showed such attention to detail. She straightened our items neatly in the bathroom, putting our toothbrushes in little cups to get them off the counter, and she noticed that I was using earplugs (because I'm sensitive to noises in strange environments) and she set out brand new earplugs for free! Our last morning there, we were greeted with a free breakfast buffet, free granola bars, and free waters on our way out the door! Lastly, every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful.

The location was amazing and just across the river from all the fun activities in Austin and we were very close to the little town of Wimberley and Driftwood (our fave winery is there). We were able to take advantage of both!

Ironically, one of my co-workers is staying this coming weekend at the same hotel, and I already told her that she will have a great stay!

My husband and I would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river (we didn't have one) and for a room with a king-sized bed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattSupport, Social Media Mgr at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are excited to hear you and your husband had a pleasant stay and that our service was great, as it should be. What a treat for you to come during the marathon where extra goodies were handed out to guests! We're glad you were able to take advantage of our trails and surrounding cities to visit your favorite wineries. Come back anytime!
philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a typical Hyatt Regency with great views of the lake and Austin. My room was 1202 with a direct view of the city. The room had good temperature control and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom is small and the decor in the hotel is a bit dated. Room service was quick and the staff was pleasant. There is a running trail along the lake with access right from the hotel. There is also a small gym with a few treadmills, two bicycles, and weights. The pool is located outside and is not quite big enough to do laps. Breakfast was included with the business plan (which also includes Internet access in the room) and consisted of a buffet with pancakes or waffles (different on multiple days), eggs, bacon, omelettes to order, yoghurt, cereal, fruits, etc. There is parking on site, but because of construction, it is limited. The lot on site was about $16 for self-parking and a few dollars more for valet. The hotel also offered an off-site parking lot for free. I would actually rate this hotel between good and very good, but went for the higher rating because of the cleanliness and breakfast. The bar also had a wide variety of wines for a drink before going to bed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake
Smithville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We had a king room on the 10th floor facing Town Lake. It was a really nice room with plenty of space. Housekeeping staff was very friendly & helpful. Check in/out was fast & efficient. The only inconvenience is the parking. They are in the middle of building a parking garage so the current parking situation is tricky. Other than that, hotel looks clean & staff was courteous.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Greatly located by Congress Street Bridge and close to downtown but without the street noise I experienced with other downtown Austin hotels. My room was clean and wonderfully decorated. I ate on the patio and had the "Hippy roll" sushi as well as chips and queso. Parking is limited and requires an extra fee. My room overlooked the lake and would be perfect for viewing the bats in season. Boat rides and tours are at the base of the hotel on the lake. Customer service was the best I have seen in a while and I was promptly greeted upon arrival. I want to bring my family back and will stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: 501 is on the corner and high enough to have a good view of the lake and downtown.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Austin? Share your experiences!