I was in Austin for 3 nights, 4 days for business at the University. There were a lot of hotels booked, so honestly this wasn't my first choice, but it worked out real well.
It lived up to Hyatt Regency standards, with quality room, comfortable bed (the TV HD quality could be better). I had a business package special that included breakfast buffet each morning, a shirt laundered each day, free internet, free bottle of water. It was really a good deal, especially the shirt pressing...it was sweet.
The location isn't the greatest if you want to enjoy downtown. You either have to walk across the 1st street or Congress bridge. Maybe a 15 - 20 minute walk depending on where you're going.
The Hyatt workout room lived up to its good standards with cool towels, lots of machines. It is also right next to a great trail and there are tons of people on it.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Austin Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.