Very nice hotel, good access to downtown, rather easy to find, but seriously in 2012 you are still charging for Wi-Fi? Even when booked as a business "conference hotel"? Even in the lobby and conference areas? I find this absolutely outrageous!
There is an hourly rate and a daily rate for internet use. The hourly rate is an hour on the clock - not cumulative for the time you actually use.
Their "reason" is that other hotels in Austin charge for Wi-Fi. Well wake up and realize that Austin is supposed to be leading edge - not business adverse. The Hyatt Austin is otherwise a very nice hotel with stylish, updated rooms, nice customer service, and even the conference food was good.
Hyatt e-mailed a survey after the stay and I voiced my disapproval for the internet charge. They responded promptly and said the would credit back the internet charge to my credit card (which hasn't shown up yet on my card). That woudl be very nice, but did not make up for the aggrivation to begin with.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Austin Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Olotels, Otel, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.