This is my second visit to this hotel, the first being in July 2009. The standards of the rooms are the same, as is the novel and rather stunning internal architecture, particularly the elevators. However, it is just this open plan atrium style that causes huge amounts of noise to rise from the bar area on the ground floor to the bedrooms. The hotel is a victim of its own avant garde styling. Perhaps the architect who thought of this should stay for several days particularly when there are sports fixtures in the area.
The bedroom was well appointed, but dated. It had a desk and a large, rather bouncy bed with a large array of pillows and cushions. The bathroom lacked shower gel, but it did supply body lotion, a bar of soap, shampoo and conditioner.
Breakfast in the hotel was fairly standard fare, and based on that, we decided to eat elsewhere for all other meals.
The hotel charges about $10 for 24 hours access to the internet. Why? Not many other hotels do that these days.
And finally, when I booked my four days, I was promised over the phone that $800 was the figure for accommodation. Not so. No-one bothered to explain the two taxes that would be added, bringing the total to well over $900.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel Austin
- Hyatt Regency Austin Hotel
- Austin Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Austin
- Austin Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Austin on the shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Hyatt Regency Austin is a full service hotel which offers cool, contemporary new guest rooms. Situated along the Hike & Bike trail, the hotel is within walking distance to all of Downtown Austin's major entertainment districts, and 7 miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.