“solid, comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 183 hotels in Austin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“solid, comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

clean room, good staff, everything you would expect from a business oriented hotel. restaurant serves a tasty breakfast. the workout room is small, but sufficient. it's right by the highway and easy to find.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Raymond L,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kaufman, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

For business travel, this hotel is very satisfactory. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The atrium was a unique feature. There was no excess noise and the staff was very friendly. The only thing that was off for me was some of the artwork on the walls. They were somewhat outdated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was traveling to Austin to meet a friend who was staying at the Holiday Inn NW plaza. I arrived a few hours early to study (as I am a graduate student). When I arrived there was nothing open for lunch or to get a bite to eat as the lounge attached was closed until 4pm. As I walked further into the hotel I found a dinning area and ran into Richard the manager. I told him that I was looking for a bite to eat and a place to study. He said that he would see what he could do, even knowing that I was not staying at the hotel. Within a minute or so he returned and was able to help me get some lunch and a comfortable place to study. Callie was my server and hostess. She was pleasant and promptly assisted me with anything that I asked for.
This was by far one of best experiences that I have had at any hotel in my life. I would recommend this hotel for the clean warm atmosphere and the incredible staff that helped me today.

Heather Bailey RN

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nothing flashy about this place (torn shower curtain and popcorn ceilings). It's pretty utilitarian. The only place to eat after 11:00 a.m. is at Legends Bar. Legends was exactly what a sports bar should be. The beer was cold, the food was greasy, and the bartenders were super friendly. This hotel is not convenient for going downtown or to 6th Street. It was a $40.00 cab ride any time we wanted to get anywhere. Used Entertainment Book Coupons to get $90 a night for King. Stay Thursday thru Monday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Jen S,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had booked a weekend stay with a group here. I really enjoyed the coffee bar complete with whip cream, chocolate chips and flavors. The fruit infused water was delicious. The hotel staff was very friendly and easy to deal with. We only experienced 2 problems. Getting to the place is ridiculous. I have never had to go thru a neighborhood to get to a hotel. Each time we got here it was by a different way as it was very confusing. That and the elevator got stuck on us on the 3rd floor. We had to call the emergency button and call down to help us. That's one fear I've always had and now I can check that off my list. They were quick to get us out tho. Oh but the breakfast was not free, not continental and very expensive for what you got.

Room Tip: Our room had no fridge but our friends on the 4th floor got one and $20 breakfast credit.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel during the work week while I am temporarly working in Austin. I would like to go on the record by saying that Kalen, who was working the front desk at night this past trip was awesome. There was someone in the room next to me that was extremely rude and talked non stop so loudly it seemed as though she was in my room. This continued until 12:30 am. I knocked on the wall , she continued to talk, I gave her 30 minutes and knocked again...then she calls the front desk and said I was knocking on the wall...Ummm yes I was and I heard every word you said while complaining. I called the front desk and Kalen appologized. She offered me another room along with a couple of meal vouchers. I gladly accepted and moved the following morning. Thanks Kalen!!! You are awesome! and as far as the lady in the next room..learn to text and you're co-worker Judy would love to hear what you really think of her....I know I heard way too much about her!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was booked on Priceline the day before;. I got it for less than 90 dollars per night to attend a Conference in the city. It was near the Renaissance which was a lot more expensive. This renovated hotel amazed me. While I have stayed in several in the past, this was beautifully decorated with a surprising lobby. The staff were great at the front desk !! The rooms reminded me of an upscale Embassy Suite. Can't say enough and I am quiite happy and would definitely stay again. Whoever is in charge of corporate renovations should be given an A + !!
The only thing that I would recommend is that a buffet be offered ; many hotels in this category do this now.
TTB

Room Tip: Room has mini fridge and microwave. If on per diem then I would suggest you purchase for breakfast...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum? Share your experiences!