“Excellent Coustomer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Coustomer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel during the work week while I am temporarly working in Austin. I would like to go on the record by saying that Kalen, who was working the front desk at night this past trip was awesome. There was someone in the room next to me that was extremely rude and talked non stop so loudly it seemed as though she was in my room. This continued until 12:30 am. I knocked on the wall , she continued to talk, I gave her 30 minutes and knocked again...then she calls the front desk and said I was knocking on the wall...Ummm yes I was and I heard every word you said while complaining. I called the front desk and Kalen appologized. She offered me another room along with a couple of meal vouchers. I gladly accepted and moved the following morning. Thanks Kalen!!! You are awesome! and as far as the lady in the next room..learn to text and you're co-worker Judy would love to hear what you really think of her....I know I heard way too much about her!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was booked on Priceline the day before;. I got it for less than 90 dollars per night to attend a Conference in the city. It was near the Renaissance which was a lot more expensive. This renovated hotel amazed me. While I have stayed in several in the past, this was beautifully decorated with a surprising lobby. The staff were great at the front desk !! The rooms reminded me of an upscale Embassy Suite. Can't say enough and I am quiite happy and would definitely stay again. Whoever is in charge of corporate renovations should be given an A + !!
The only thing that I would recommend is that a buffet be offered ; many hotels in this category do this now.
TTB

Room Tip: Room has mini fridge and microwave. If on per diem then I would suggest you purchase for breakfast...
Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel for a business trip. While the hotel was clean and relatively modern, and my room was certainly spacious, it lacked a feeling of warmth or cosiness. The wireless internet connection was excellent and connected quickly and easily and the wake up call worked great. The breakfast was disappointing. They had a good selection but the food was not very appetizing. I commented to a co-worker that even the bread looked sad.I will probably stay here again because it's location and price are convenient for my regular business travel but I won't be regarding it as a great home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Lynluke,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Karis, who works at the customer service desk , goes above and beyond the customer service norm. Everytime I was greeted by her (and witnessed other greetings) , she made every effort in remembering your name, accomodating your needs and always had a way of making you smile each morning she greeted you. Karis will make your stay at the Holiday Inn arboretum as comforting as she possibly can. Big Kudos to Karis and IHG for hiring her!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Southlake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

When you walk into the hotel lobby, the smell of the indoor pool overwhelms you. Hotel room appears nice. Our beds were so bad that even though we prepaid two nights thru priceline, we checked out of the hotel after the first night. I've never done that before.

Restaurant breakfast service was extremely slow. 2 waiters. 4 tables. 70 minutes to get eggs and a check.

• Stayed May 2013
dthompson72, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
lovegoose,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had. While we are very proud of the level of service and quality of product at our hotel, we very obviously missed the mark for you. I will be certain to review this note with my executive team so we can look at your room...we do have some options available for guests that prefer a softer or more firm mattress.

I would love the opportunity to better demonstrate our hotel's commitment to our guests. We would be honored if you would consider a second chance. If so, please reach out to me directly.
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used Priceline's Name Your Price feature to book an Austin hotel. We were in a group of 8, visiting Austin for my father-in-law's 86th birthday. When this Holiday Inn came up as the place Priceline had booked for me, I called Priceline and spent a good 15 minutes on the phone trying to get out of the reservation. My assumption was that a Holiday Inn would be mediocre at best.

But as it turned out, we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were good-sized, clean and modern. The hotel is built around a large inner atrium with an attractive indoor pool and restaurant. The gym is surprisingly well-equipped. The staff was efficient and friendly, and was happy to give us a late check-out.

I wish breakfast had been included in the room rate, but other than that we were very happy with the hotel, and will definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel had a great service, very kid friendly, very clean. We loved the complimentary evening popcorn. We really loved this Arboretum area but guess you definitely need a car to move around. The pool has water toys for the kids and you can swin either indoors or outdoors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum? Share your experiences!