“Clean and spacious but not much comfort” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #85 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Ventura, California
“Clean and spacious but not much comfort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel for a business trip. While the hotel was clean and relatively modern, and my room was certainly spacious, it lacked a feeling of warmth or cosiness. The wireless internet connection was excellent and connected quickly and easily and the wake up call worked great. The breakfast was disappointing. They had a good selection but the food was not very appetizing. I commented to a co-worker that even the bread looked sad.I will probably stay here again because it's location and price are convenient for my regular business travel but I won't be regarding it as a great home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Lynluke,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Karis, who works at the customer service desk , goes above and beyond the customer service norm. Everytime I was greeted by her (and witnessed other greetings) , she made every effort in remembering your name, accomodating your needs and always had a way of making you smile each morning she greeted you. Karis will make your stay at the Holiday Inn arboretum as comforting as she possibly can. Big Kudos to Karis and IHG for hiring her!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Southlake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

When you walk into the hotel lobby, the smell of the indoor pool overwhelms you. Hotel room appears nice. Our beds were so bad that even though we prepaid two nights thru priceline, we checked out of the hotel after the first night. I've never done that before.

Restaurant breakfast service was extremely slow. 2 waiters. 4 tables. 70 minutes to get eggs and a check.

• Stayed May 2013
dthompson72, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
lovegoose,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I would like to apologize for the experience you had. While we are very proud of the level of service and quality of product at our hotel, we very obviously missed the mark for you. I will be certain to review this note with my executive team so we can look at your room...we do have some options available for guests that prefer a softer or more firm mattress.

I would love the opportunity to better demonstrate our hotel's commitment to our guests. We would be honored if you would consider a second chance. If so, please reach out to me directly.
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used Priceline's Name Your Price feature to book an Austin hotel. We were in a group of 8, visiting Austin for my father-in-law's 86th birthday. When this Holiday Inn came up as the place Priceline had booked for me, I called Priceline and spent a good 15 minutes on the phone trying to get out of the reservation. My assumption was that a Holiday Inn would be mediocre at best.

But as it turned out, we were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were good-sized, clean and modern. The hotel is built around a large inner atrium with an attractive indoor pool and restaurant. The gym is surprisingly well-equipped. The staff was efficient and friendly, and was happy to give us a late check-out.

I wish breakfast had been included in the room rate, but other than that we were very happy with the hotel, and will definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel had a great service, very kid friendly, very clean. We loved the complimentary evening popcorn. We really loved this Arboretum area but guess you definitely need a car to move around. The pool has water toys for the kids and you can swin either indoors or outdoors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

From the moment I walked in the door I entered a great experience. The front desk staff at all shifts are awesome and friendly. My room was great. Even with an older property they had
redone the bathroom and there was fresh and clean tile, an updated decor color. Don't forget to take advantage of the free coffee in the lobby, they offer chocolate chips and whipped cream to put in your coffee as you head out for the day.
I'll come back here.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms with the big windows on the corner.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Im very impressed with the overall hotel but the customer service by far stands out. Tammy in the dining room was exceptional. She is what every hotel needs she remembered my breakfast order after just one time she waived and said hi in the hallways and made me feel very at home. David in the dining/ legend bar also showed superior customer service. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Austin NW Plaza/Arboretum? Share your experiences!